Thursday, August 13, 2009

Clinique's Limited Edition Fall 2009 Collectible Color Compact

Clinique has introduced limited edition Collectible Color Compacts ($36) that are perfect for travel. The silver zippered compact features a Colour Surge Eye Shadow Trio and a Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher. Each of the three color tones was inspired by a popular Clinique lip colour: Blushing Nude, Black Honey, or Raspberry Glacé.

The Black Honey lipstick and mascara shown here do not come with the compact. If you have never tried Black Honey, you must! It works for everyone and is one of Clinique's all-time winners.

I found these during Nordstrom's Anniversary sale. I purchased the Most-Wanted Deeps for two reasons. I liked the eye colors, and the colors weren't the predictable choice for me. I think I wanted to challenge myself to try something new. Interestingly, my favorite Nordstrom makeup artist, Christopher Coles, agreed with my choice. He tipped the scales toward Most-Wanted Deeps as I was agonizing over the three lovely choices. The Most-Wanted Berries would have been a more natural choice for me except for the pink tones in the eye shadows.

We all know Clinique makes great products at reasonable prices. You can see these on Clinique's Web site or wherever Clinique products are sold. Don't lollygag if you're interested. These will sell out.

If you order at Clinique.com and enter code WANTED through 11: 59 EST Monday, August 17, you will receive a free mini High Impact Mascara in black and free standard shipping.

Photo courtesy of Clinique.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Ooh, another product I've been wondering about! Is that the Nudes palette that's shown in the pic?

Charlestongirl said...

That's Most-Wanted Deeps in the photo, Emma! Surprising, huh?

nikkiO said...

Black Honey is THE BEST!

Charlestongirl said...

Did you know that Sephora has Black Honey in a tube gloss now? I bought five of them - just in case it disappears! No department stores had it when I searched high and low after getting a sample from Sephora. Then I called Sephora, and the rep gave me the impression that it was an exclusive.