Thursday, August 13, 2009

YSL Gloss Volupte from Fall 2009 Collection

OK - I'm fickle! I have another new love: YSL's Gloss Volupte Sheer Sensual Gloss Stick ($30) with SPF9. On one of those drive-by shopping trips, I saw these at Bloomingdale's. I wasn't planning to buy anything while my friend shopped, but the new YSL colors stopped me in my tracks. A very nice beauty rep helped me leave with two shades of Gloss Volupte: #3, Frozen Cherry, and #4, Frosted Plum. The Frozen Cherry, shown here, looks red in the photo and tube, but it's not that dark on the lips. The other two shades, both pink, are Iced Lychee and Chilled Raspberry.

These glosses are more like highly pigmented lip balms in a luxurious case. The colors are absolutely gorgeous! Because I prefer a little color to warm up my pale face, I like glosses that have some pigment in them. These fit the bill. They feel great and are so pretty. Here's what YSL has to say about them.

"...Combining...the sensuality of a lipstick with the comfort and shine of a gloss... Colorshine complex and Candellila [sic] resin result in a transparent, non-sticky shine. Thanks to fluid silicones and melting microcrystalline waxes, Gloss Volupté leaves your lips feeling sensual, silky, and full of comfort. Pomegranate extract and a delicate mango fragrance provide a delicious touch of freshness. Available in four transparent, mouth-watering shades."

Girlfriends, this lip product matches the hype! Even if they did spell "Candelilla" incorrectly. Wink!

Just in case you are wondering, Candelilla is a wax derived from the leaves of a small shrub that grows in Mexico and the southwestern United States, and the resin in the wax is what makes the gloss stick to the lips. It is a natural product, as is pomegranate extract.

You can see these beauties at the YSL Web site or at Saks, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, and wherever YSL Cosmetics are sold. While you're at it, check out the rest of the Fall 2009 Collection. There are some very nice new colors.

Photo courtesy of YSL.

2 comments:

Fab Over 40 said...

I'm dying to try these - I've heard wonderful things!

Charlestongirl said...

I don't think you'll regret the purchase! I LOVE them. They are very sheer and feel great. I dragged my fab makeup artist over to the YSL counter with me, and he even wanted one (the lightest).

At YSL online and at Bloomingdales, they sold out of the plum color instantly. I'm sure they will refresh the stock, but if you want the plum, hurry over to your favorite store. :)