Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Are You Going to Spend Less on Cosmetics in 2010?

WWD reported survey results that show women are expected to reduce spending on cosmetics by 8.7% next year. Value hunting and brand loyalty are expected to continue.

Given that many spent less on cosmetics in 2009, this could be a depressing year for cosmetics companies. I'll do my best to prop up their bottom lines! What about you? Do you think you'll spend less, more, or about the same on cosmetics in 2010?

Photo courtesy of korosifstudio.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think about the same as 09...i already cut back

susan

Marley's Mom said...

I'll be spending more if the intros are tempting! If it is more of the same, not so.

InkyW said...

I am definitely spending less. I did a nice inventory of my current stock and other than replacing my mascara and any other favorites I run out of, i'm pretty much set for 2010. I keep a standard vintage make up look and new colors of shadows never tempt me - but I am a sucker for red lipsticks....is 24 enough? hahahaha! happy new years!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi ShrinkyInky,

I admire your willpower. I wouldn't even have time to take an inventory!

Happy New Year to you also! I hope you have a happy, healthy, and prosperous year. Maybe you can get that red lipstick count up to 30! :)

Anonymous said...

Less!!!!!

Unknown said...

i didnt spend that much in 2009 anyway so i am probably going to spend about the same amount. i am still in a process of finding makeup and skincare items that really do work for my skin so i will have to budget some money for beauty items.

Anonymous said...

depends on whether i keep my job!! if i can i would like to spend more.

tina

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tina,

I sure hope you and all of BTiB's readers can keep their jobs! The job market is so scary, with so many formerly employed folks out of work. I know several who spent months looking for work after their industries tanked.

Good luck - and make yourself indispensable. Companies hate single-person dependencies, but they're great for job security!