Thursday, December 17, 2009

Need a Last-Minute Makeup Gift? Bobbi Brown to the Rescue

You procrastinated. You need a gift for a gal pal, but you don't know what to buy. Bobbi Brown's Honey Glaze Set ($55) will work for everyone. I'd be thrilled to receive one!

A palette of "sexy nudes" that will work for every skin tone, the set has a warm, pearly beige and a matte, taupe Long-Wear Cream Shadow for soft, neutral eyes (in Dove Gray and Honey Glaze). There are two Long-Wear Gel Eye Liners - Mahogany Ink and Black Topaz - to add some drama. As a bonus, Bobbi threw in a Sand Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss. The set is topped off with a mini dual-ended brush that has an Ultra-Fine Eye Liner Brush on one end and a Cream Shadow Brush on the other. Perfection!

Visit Bobbi Brown's Web site for more inspiration. Who wouldn't love to receive a Bobbi Brown gift?

Make sure to check Bobbi's site to see what shipping offers or free gifts are available. For the last few days, free shipping and two deluxe samples have been offered with code LUX5. That expired about four hours ago, but maybe it will be replaced with another offer. Later in the day, I will update this posting if there's a great offer.

No matter what special offers are available, spend $65 and you'll get free shipping anyhow. I always say, "One for them...two for me!" You can buy yourself some goodies to reach that $65 spend.

Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

4 comments:

Lisa said...

My name is Lisa and I have a serious makeup addiction AND you are not helping me one bit with great posts like this!!

I just ordered the Honey Glaze Set and there is indeed a complimentary 2nd Day Shipping offer--love those kind of deals!

I can hardly wait for it to get here, the colors look gorgeous. Thanks for making my shopping so easy!

Merry Merry,
Lisa

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry, Lisa,

Addiction is a terrible thing, but it's so comforting to know that there are fellow addicts. This is a seriously fabulous set. I ordered my second one! Now that's a serious addiction.

Happy, Merry, and Cheers!

SparkleLuvr said...

This looks like a great set, though I'm a little weary of the cream shadow. I know it's supposed to be long-wearing, but cream shadows have ALWAYS creased on me in the past, so... I don't know.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sparkle!

I can understand that wariness. There are some women who just can't wear them - no matter what.

The Bobbi creams are long-lasting on me. Despite my dry skin, I do have a little bit of oil in my eyelids. I use a primer (Stila most of the time). Try to find an eye makeup primer that drys really dry. Then put your cream on.

Even with the primer, I found the gorgeous NARS cream eye shadows creasing on me. I wrote them and learned that they recommend putting a powder eye shadow below them! That was counterintuitive, but it seems to work.

My recommendation is to go to a Bobbi counter, have one of these applied over a primer, and see how long it lasts. That way you'll know.