Monday, January 25, 2010

Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals Collection

Bobbi Brown's Cabana Corals Collection for Spring 2010 is a beautiful selection of coral shades perfect for eyes, lips, and cheeks. The shades range from fresh new pink corals to universal nude corals and on to true coral shades. Almost every woman will find one or more shades right for her.

This photo (shown at left) of the collection's colors enticed me, even though I'm not a "coral" natural. Many makeup artists try to lure me out of my comfort zone with peaches and corals, and they insist I look good in them.

I went to Nordstorm, Bloomingdale's, and Neiman Marcus looking for the collection. It seems that this is inventory time, and some stores have the collection sitting in the warehouse, waiting for inventories to be taken (even though they offer all of the colors online). That doesn't help a makeup addict at all, although I'm sure it helps retail's bottom line. I was able to get my hands on the palette at Neiman Marcus, and I'm sure that I'll be able to play with (and buy) the rest of the collection in stores later this week.

When I saw the Cabana Corals Lip & Eye Palette ($60), I knew I had to have it. I adore the frisky, neutral eye shadows (especially the metallics), and I'm having fun playing with the lip colors. The neutral eye colors work beautifully with the brighter, juicy lip shades. Every single one of these colors - lip and eye - works for me. The lip colors are a bit more "subdued" than they appear in this photo. The eye colors are dynamite! They will add some zip to the nude shadows in your collection.

Eye shades:
Ivory Eye Shadow, Bermuda Pink Metallic Eye Shadow, Seashell Metallic Eye Shadow, Bonfire Metallic Eye Shadow, Tan Eye Shadow, and Burnt Sugar Metallic Eye Shadow

Lip shades:
Cabo Coral Lip Color, Salmon Lip Color, Shell Lip Color, and Coral Reef Metallic Lip Color

Two cute little brushes fit into the palette - a nice lip brush with a cap and an eye shadow brush. Handy!

If you shy away from corals, try these. If I can wear these colors, you can too! As we have grown to expect, Bobbi Brown has hit another home run with the Cabana Corals palette. I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the collection. Oh, and those makeup artists? They were right!

Look for the collection soon at Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and, of course, on the Bobbi Brown Web site.

Update 1/26: Looks like this palette is exclusive to Neiman Marcus!

Photos courtesy of Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom

9 comments:

Laurie said...

I want so much of this collection. Corals are very new to me as well - I never gravitate towards that shade but since its THEE color this spring I have been trying it out. And I actually love it on me:)

I went on the prowl to this today after I had some horrible dental work. I was hoping to reward myself but no one had it out yet!

Charlestongirl said...

Laurie, I will leave a comment when the products arrive in-store - or post an update.

My Nordstrom source predicted they would have it available tomorrow. Sure hope so!

Hope you're not in pain!

Laurie said...

Thanks! I'm doing OK - clearly good enough to go shopping:)

Charlestongirl said...

Update Tuesday 1/26

Laurie, I called Nordstrom today, and the products have not arrived. I will check again in a few days.

I learned on Twitter that the palette is exclusive to Neiman Marcus. No wonder I found it there!

Hope you are feeling better - or on good meds!

Bonnie C. said...

I am totally the same way, corals have never worked on me because I'm such a fair-skinned gal with cool, pink tones and corals have always been too orange-ish. Good to know this collection isn't an automatic write-off for those of us who have had previous coral issues. :-)

Laurie, I'm totally feeling for you. My mother just had some pretty major dental surgery and she is definitely having some pain! Hope you feel better. :-)

Charlestongirl said...

I'll let y'all know what I think about the shades when the full collection arrives at the stores. I do have a trip over to Saks planned for Friday. They are having an event. It's Nordstrom on Saturday - if it's not snowing.

Laurie said...

I will probably make a Neiman's trip this week - I can't wait to check out the palette. And I can be patient on the other items:)

Thanks for the update!

Hope it doesn't snow for you this weekend - I remember what a pain in the butt it is when it snows out there!

Charlestongirl said...

Snow brings our world to a standstill. The weather guys are hedging their bets...guessing that the DC area will get between nothing and three inches. As you know, there's a big difference!

Charlestongirl said...

Yea! I got my Cabana Corals today. Found them at Bloomingdale's at Chevy Chase. Saks Chevy didn't have them when I went for the Armani event.

Can't wait to tell you about the pieces I bought!