Saturday, January 2, 2010

Laura Mercier Polished Spring 2010 Collection

This is a pretty collection! "Pretty" seems to be a trend for spring, and I'm excited by that. Don't look to Laura Mercier for the latest edgy look. She makes wearable makeup - designed for women by a woman (a very nice one too).

Laura Mercier's Polished Collection offers new shades for spring - three Luster Eye Colour Duos for a soft eye, three Satin Lip Colours in pink-peach and brown shades, a new Satin Lip Gloss in a pot, and Radiant Crème Colour - a cream highlighter with ribbons of pink-peach, gold, and rose. I selected one of the eye shadow duos and the Radiant Crème Colour.

The new Satin Lip Colours ($22) are Pink Cocoa, Barely Beige, and Maple Brown. All are semi-matte lipsticks designed to provide long wear and comfort in a non-drying formula. The Lip Shine ($22) in Crystal Pink is a limited edition that combines shea butter and vitamin E into an emollient formula that has a lightweight, non-tacky feel on the lips and a pearlescent look.

There's a Luster Eye Colour Duo ($22) for every skin tone. The shades, from lightest to darkest, are Cocoa Rose, Golden Brown, and Plum Spice. I selected Golden Brown, a combination of gold and taupe shades that enhance my blue eyes and work perfectly with my fair skin. I think this duo will work for everyone - really versatile shades. It's a limited edition, so I'm glad I bought mine.

The most fascinating piece in the collection is the Radiant Crème Colour ($35) highlighter (shown in the photo above). The shade is named "Polished" after the collection. I really love this compact! You can use the pink-peach, gold, and rose colors separately, or combine them. The gold is the brightest shade (on me). Each color provides a gorgeous sheen. No glitter here - love it!

You can find these new colors at Nordstrom (where Chris Coles made sure I saw the Radiant Crème Colour) and Bloomingdale's now. I'm sure Saks and Neiman Marcus must have them too; I haven't looked yet. You can also order online at Laura Mercier's Web site, but you won't find the Radiant Crème Colour available there today (hopefully soon).

Footnote: Laura Mercier has joined Korres on the Quercetin antioxidant bandwagon. She has introduced Flawless Skin Tone Perfecting Crème with Quercetin Plus ($95), a new anti-aging moisturizer. I'll try to get my hands on some to review it later.

Photo courtesy of urcosme.com

1 comment:

Joyce said...

That highlighter looks nice!