Friday, March 12, 2010

The Friday Forum - March 12

Because it's Friday, it's time for The Friday Forum. The forum is devoted to what you have to say about anything related to beauty. Let's chat! Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just use the comments. We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. Either way, I always enjoy hearing from you.

As usual, I will share beauty bits with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments, so check for free shipping offers and other treats from beauty companies.

The microphone is yours!

Photo courtesy of Tipperary.com

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Friday!

I got the new Nordstrom-exclusive Trish McEvoy All About Eyes set this week and love the items. It's a fantastic deal - and I love the new(er) Demure Eye Base. Very pretty:) Trish always seems to fly under the radar!

Charlestongirl said...

Happy Friday to you too, Laurie!

I'm going to Nordstrom tomorrow, so I'll make sure to check it out. The Demure Eye Base sounds really nice!

I think you are right, and I don't understand why Trish flies under the radar. It's a fabulous line. Maybe not heavy on marketing or PR? I have some Trish Sheer Lip Color that I adore. While I'm not a big fan of the makeup planners, I love what goes in them.

I'll check back in after my shopping trip. You just fed my addiction. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Good Morning!

It will take our judges a little time to select the winner of the Perricone supplements giveaway. Stay tuned. I should be able to post the winner this evening.

I am pretty surprised that so few of you entered. I would "kill" to have these supplements for free. Everyone in the beauty industry who takes them raves - and Nordstrom and Sephora customers too. They convinced me!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Laurie,

I saw the Trish kit yesterday. What a great value! I wasn't as taken with the eye base as I thought I would be. It has shimmer in it. While it's very pretty, my personal preference is for a matte eye primer. What I did love was the eye definer (fat pencil with a smudger on one end). That was a gorgeous gray!

I wasn't able to talk with anyone at the Trish counter at Nordstrom. I checked back a few times. There were 1-2 women doing makeup applications, and no one was available for a chat.