Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Love Affair with Laura Geller Pink Grapefruit Blush-N-Brighten

Recently, I mentioned my love for Laura Geller makeup. Today, I want to rave about Pink Grapefruit Blush-N-Brighten ($28 to $35, with brush and without, depending on source). I chose the word "rave" carefully; I'll try not to overdo it.

Pink Grapefruit was one of my first-ever Laura Geller purchases, and I continue to love it and use it - a lot. It is a beautiful blush for my skin, and I think it's a pink many can wear. The color, a melange of shimmery pink, mauve, and beige/taupe, applies as a perfect neutral pink - not too blue, not too peach. This blush lasts all day, which I really appreciate. Some blushes don't make it past lunchtime.

All of the six Blush-N-Brighten shades are gorgeous. I actually own and wear five of them. Can't figure out why I never tried Honey Dipped, the only one I don't own! The other Blush-N-Brighten shades are Berry, Golden Apricot, Roseberry, and Sunswept - all fabulous. Check them out at this link. I have to use some of them sparingly on my fair skin, but that's easy to figure out on first use.

Each shade is blended and swirled with rich tones of multiple marbleized pigments. They look gorgeous in the compact, and they are gorgeous on the face. Laura Geller says Blush-N-Brighten will give you a glow. I'll second that!

Laura Geller's baked collection is made using a unique 24-hour baking process. The soft, silky pigments are poured into molds and sent to be baked until they rise to their domed shape and become a smooth, silky powder. Why use more than one color? The blended pigments create a soft, highlighting sheen with complexity and depth.

I got my latest Laura Geller order today. Can't wait to try my new items and tell you about them!

You can find Laura Geller at Laura Geller's Web site, QVC, Beauty.com, and DermStore. The line is no longer available at Sephora. Too bad!

P.S. See the comments for a follow-up on my tantrum about the new Laura Geller Web site and a question for you shoppers.

Photo courtesy of Beauty.com

2 comments:

Charlestongirl said...

You may remember that I published a blog rant last week about Laura Geller's new Web site and her team. I still think they let her down.

I was finally able to place my order. It only took two computers, multiple browsers, and a few hours. :)

Obviously, I wasn't the only person who had problems. Now, when you go to the Web site, a pop-up window suggests you ought to update your browser if you are not using the latest version "to enjoy LauraGeller.com to the fullest." Oh please! All Web developers know that people use versions that aren't necessarily upgraded to the latest service pack.

Clicking on a title, rather than the picture, continues to bring up an error message that says, "Bad Request." The developers need to get a grip on "life" as we know it. They wouldn't survive at my company!

Persist and you will be rewarded. Laura Geller makes great makeup!

Charlestongirl said...

Oops forgot my question. Does anyone know how to get free shipping out of QVC?