Sunday, March 7, 2010

Perricone MD Cold Plasma

I have been using Cold Plasma ($150), the new Perricone MD award-winning skin care wonder-product, for about a month, and I'm impressed. No wonder Dr. Perricone won a 2009 WWD Beauty Biz Award for Prestige Product Breakthrough of the Year in the skin category for Cold Plasma.

Formulated with Dr. Perricone's patented delivery system, Cold Plasma addresses the 10 most visible signs of aging: wrinkles, enlarged pores, dryness, discoloration, redness, uneven skin tone, impurities, loss of firmness, loss of smoothness, and loss of radiance.

This revolutionary product is designed to help enhance your current anti-aging routine through the power of "biochemical individuality." Cold Plasma works through a patented ionic (i.e., charged particles) suspension carrier system that allows your skin to "extract" from Cold Plasma’s formula according to your individual, unique needs. This personalized system, called biochemical individuality, is a self-selection process charged by phospholipids, major cell membrane components. Phospholipids are fat derivatives that help lock in moisture because phosopholipid bilayers have hydrophilic (attracted to water) heads facing outward and hydrophobic (mix poorly with water) tails facing inward toward each other. The phospholipids in this formula help direct needed nutrients where they can be effectively used through the cell membrane. This means that if any of the ingredients aren’t needed, they just won’t be used. Pretty cool, huh? Cold Plasma was developed through five years of collaboration with physicists at Los Alamos Laboratories (a site I was privileged to visit years ago).

Beyond the unique delivery system, the key ingredients/technology behind this product include:
  • Advanced neuropeptide technology to give anti-inflammatory effects, which assist in slowing 10 signs of aging;
  • DMAE to help stimulate nerve function, thus causing muscles under the skin to tighten, providing a lifted and firmer appearance to sagging skin;
  • L-tyrosine, an amino acid that brightens skin to help radiate a youthful glow; and
  • DHA, an essential amino acid, to support the preservation and hydration of skin.
Cold plasma is free of parabens, fragrance, sulfates, mineral oil, artificial colors, and fillers.

When I first started using Cold Plasma, I was applying it over my "regular" anti-aging serum and using it as a moisturizer. I noticed right away that my skin was more smooth and firm, although I didn't find it to be extremely hydrated. The texture of Cold Plasma is best described as a creamy gel. I wondered how it would be heavy enough to moisturize my extremely dry winter skin. What I didn't realize was that I was using it incorrectly. Perricone's Mid-Atlantic superstar Rene Marshall told me to use Cold Plasma under my other products, so I started substituting it for the serum I was using.

That did the trick! Used to enhance my skin care regimen, Cold Plasma has been extremely effective. Now I want to add on other Perricone products to see how much better it can get! Dr. Perricone's own studies have found that 94% of test participants were pleased with the results they saw from using Cold Plasma, 89% indicated that their skin had never looked healthier and smoother, 85% saw instant results (as I did), and 79% believed Cold Plasma was the best skin care product they had ever used. Wow!

I believe that younger women or those with oily or combination skin will find that they don't need to add a moisturizer over Cold Plasma. The nutrients alone will be enough to perfect your skin. Dr. Perricone said in an interview with Vanity Fair that one should follow Cold Plasma with a moisturizer, if necessary. Just because I need a moisturizer for extremely dry skin doesn't mean you will.

We had our own Cold Plasma giveaway contest a few months ago - won by GeorgiaMist. Right now, and only through today, March 7, you can enter to win Cold Plasma at Fabulous Over Forty. What are you waiting for? Head over and enter - this is a fabulous product!

While you are at it, we have a Perricone MD giveaway contest going for Skin & Total Body Dietary Supplements. As I write this at 5:00 am Sunday, I find it hard to believe that only six people have entered to win $140 worth of effective vitamins and nutrients especially designed to make you look good and feel good. I know you have visited. Why haven't you entered yet?

If you don't win the contest at Fabulous Over Forty, you can purchase Cold Plasma at Dr. Perricone's Web site, the Perricone flagship store in New York, Nordstrom, Sephora, and many other retail locations.

Photo courtesy of Perricone MD

No comments: