Saturday, June 12, 2010

Love Fragrance? You Must Read This!

Fragrance lovers and horticulturalists unite! The New York Times published a must-read article, A Fragrant Harvest, on Thursday.

Find out how to make your own natural fragrance - or where to buy one that was lovingly created by natural perfumers. You will need to get your hands on some grain alcohol. When I was in college, that wasn't difficult. We mixed it with fruit punch at the University of Virginia, with intoxicating results. Kind of amusing now that I use term "intoxicating" to describe fragrances.

Update 6/13: I'm glad I (and everyone else in my circle) survived those crazy days in college. I know things haven't changed much, but I don't condone drinking grain alcohol. I think the public is more aware of the dangers today than people were back then.

Photo courtesy of Kevin Scanlon for The New York Times

No comments: