Monday, July 19, 2010

Bobbi Brown Beach Shimmer Brick Compact

I've told you I'm obsessed with Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick Compacts, right? I consider myself a "collector." Look at what I just got. Yes, for the second time - I told you I'm obsessed! Bobbi Brown introduced a new Shimmer Brick - this time called Beach to go with her Beach Club Collection. I purchased it earlier this season and just bought it again! You can never have too many Shimmer Bricks.

Bobbi’s Beach Shimmer Brick Compact ($38) is hand-made in Italy and features five bars of warm, pearlized shimmer to create a beautiful seaside glow. Run your Bobbi Brown Face Blender Brush or the Powder Brush across all five shades and lightly dust the powder over your cheeks and forehead - wherever you want a summer glow. Or wear just one or two shades on your eyes for a flattering, subtle glimmer. The shades are darker and warmer than Beige Shimmer Brick, another favorite of mine.

Town & Country magazine, the source for everything elegant, named Beach Shimmer Brick one of the summer's "Best Bronzers." I would agree! Depending on how you apply it, Beach is either a sunny, peach-bronze blusher or a bronzer. It works for my fair skin because I apply it lightly. It makes my blue eyes pop, which I have to admit I love. The shades will work for just about anyone who knows how to use a makeup brush to achieve the look she likes. Hint: big, fluffy brush for a hint of color; slightly tighter brush, like Bobbi's Blender Brush, for a moderate application; and a rigid brush to apply more concentrated pigment on your face. Use any eye shadow brush to apply the ribbons of color on your eyelids.

I haven't worn the shades as eye shadows yet, but I will. Give me time, now that it's summer. Earlier in the season, I wasn't in a beach or bronze mood. Now I am.

I laid eyes this weekend on photos of Bobbi's introductions for the fall and holiday, and I am so excited. I'll share the information with you soon.

You can buy Beach Shimmer Brick at Bobbi's Brown's Web site. I'm sure it's available at all Bobbi Brown counters.

Update: I just finished playing with the two shades at the top on my eyes, using the gold on my lids and the light brown in the crease. Wow! It's so much fun to rediscover makeup I set aside "for later." Now I have two of these gorgeous compacts.

Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown

4 comments:

Clarisse said...

Lovely, lovely colors which can be played with "everywhere" on the face: that's really a "must have" product:-)

Unknown said...

I have this product and it is not only a must have but a must wear. It leaves a beautiful glow not harsh or frosty like the imitators.

Charlestongirl said...

Glad to hear that there are other fans of Beach out there! I really love it.

Resham said...

I don't have the Beach BRICK, but I like the Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick a lot...