Monday, July 12, 2010

Burberry Beauty Trench and Khaki Eye Shadows and Rosewood Lip Glow

I ordered a few pieces from the newly introduced Burberry Beauty line as soon as Nordstrom announced their availability online (see BTiB post). Three of the pieces have arrived: Trench and Khaki Sheer Eyeshadows and Rosewood Burberry Lip Glow. I am very happy with all of them!

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow ($29) is available in 20 shades. Although I could easily have selected four of them, I limited myself to two (to start): Khaki and Trench. They are shown at lower right in my arm photo. You can barely see Trench at the top. It blends right into my skin and will be a perfect base color or highlighter. I would describe Trench as a light beige with a subtle sheen. Khaki is a chameleon. It looks khaki in certain light and grey-green-beige in others. Whatever color it is, I love it! The shadows have a lovely texture - a very creamy powder. They apply beautifully with an eye shadow brush. I need more of them!

In the lip gloss department, there are 12 shades of Burberry Lip Glow ($27) from which to choose. I thought I had ordered Rosewood and Tea Rose, but Rosewood was the only one to arrive. My order confirmation doesn't show Tea Rose either. Go figure!

Anyhow, you can see at right how pretty the Rosewood Lip Glow is! A natural-toned pink with just a hint of warmth, it's a perfect shade for everyday wear.

My photo was taken in overcast afternoon light, and I applied the shades with the applicators that came with them (sponge for the shadows, brush for the gloss).

The packaging carries the Burberry signature check pattern that graces the lining of the brand's coats - in an elegant gunmetal grey. Even the makeup itself is embossed with Burberry's signature pattern. I have to admit it's a nice, extra-added attraction.

Want to see more? Head over to Nordstrom's Web site or Burberry Beauty, where you can see (and purchase) the whole collection. The swatches are better at Burberry's Web site, where shipping is complimentary if you spend $250. If you decide you have to order a few pieces from Nordstrom, use the code BEAUTY for $5 shipping, a better deal.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom

9 comments:

Cindy (Prime Beauty) said...

So happy to see swatches! I was impressed before but now even more so. Thanks for the review!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Cindy! Thank you. The makeup is definitely "blogger-worthy." :)

Shannon (Lipstick Musings) said...

Thanks for the swatches! I'm really excited about this line, and couldn't decide at first if I was upset or relieved that it wasn't going to be represented here in Atlanta (as I knew how much I'd spend on it if it was here!) But now that I'm starting to see swatches, I think I may end up ordering online after all. I'm currently salivating over the Prune lipstick and the Taupe Brown eye shadow.

It's good to know they won't be doing tons of limited editions, too. There's nothing more frustrating than having a favorite shade that will never return.

Shannon
Lipstick Musings

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at that lip color... amazing! Khaki is definitely a shade I would wear for myself, and it looks as though it would be a nice color to wear along the lash line, for days I want something softer. : )

Clarisse said...

BEAU-TI-FUL! It seems to be a line definitely worth testing! 20 eye-shades! what a treat! the khaki is simply gorgeous and the lip glow!!!! I'll go and browse their website...

Charlestongirl said...

I felt the same way you did, Diva! I felt like we in DC were regarded as second-class shoppers if we didn't have a single store in our area with Burberry!

I started to order more shades last night and then decided to wait for my credit card cycle to turn over. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey friends,

Khaki can be applied lighter with a brush, so it's really flexible for use either as a contouring shade or close to the lashes.

Yes, Clarisse, BEAU-TI-FUL! I hope the line, which reminds me of the Calvin Klein aesthetic, succeeds. I think what killed Calvin Klein was the fickle nature of makeup buyers. So many were "raised on MAC," they think it's normal to have a new collection every two weeks. :)

Clarisse said...

Hi Diva and Charlestongirl!
Don't complain because there isn't a store with Burberry Beauty products in your town and you have to order them on line..:I have just discovered here in Europe (UK and France alike) they don't even mention the beauty line on the web!!!!never heard of it...I am going to let my credit card get some "stamina" during summer and then plan an order for the wonderful khaki in september:-)and a few more probably....
I have never heard of the Calvin Klein line but I am rather tired of the "new" Mac collections which leave me frustrated too because very often I can't get hold of the items which are sold out or discontinued 3 weeks after being launched !!!grrr

Charlestongirl said...

Wow, Clarisse, I'm surprised that Burberry hasn't established a beauty line presence in France!

Calvin Klein had two "go's" at a beauty line, but both failed and were discontinued. The makeup was really nice and reflected the neutral tones of his clothing - at the time. I loved the line, but it's gone again.

If you aren't a member of the MAC cult, you would find the game of ordering frustrating. I ordered Stereo Rose MSF within hours of its online appearance last week, got a confirmation, but didn't get the product. MAC e-mailed me and said it was backordered, promising a delivery date in "two weeks." We'll see. If I get it, great. If I don't, oh well. It's just another blusher to me.