Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chanel Fall 2010 Collection Joues Contraste Powder Blush & Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer

In Part 2 of my look at Chanel's stunning Fall 2010 Collection, I'll focus on the new, limited-edition blushers and the lip gloss I purchased - the must-haves that reached out from the display and said, "Don't leave here without me!" Let's start with the three new, gorgeous shades of Joues Contraste Powder Blush ($42).

Chanel's blushers are among my all-time favorites. They have always been available in flattering shades, and they allow you the control you need to apply a sheer wash of color or build a more dramatic look using your brush skills. Since I couldn't select just one of the new shades, I came home with all three. They are described as having a shimmer finish. I don't see much shimmer. Instead, I see a flattering, radiant glow when I apply them.

My arm photo shows the shades, applied heavily, in sunlight. At the top is Pink Explosion. Rose Temptation is in the middle. Plum Attraction is at the bottom of the photo. My favorites - for my face - are Pink Explosion and, believe it or not, Plum Attraction!

I won't be applying any of these beautiful blushers as heavily as I applied them for my photo. I think all three are gorgeous when applied properly. Pink Explosion is a natural for me. The Rose Temptation will be perfect for days when girly pink doesn't work. My sales associate (from another line) and I had an interesting conversation around Plum Attraction.

She: That one will be too dark for you.
Me: I love the look. I'll just test it on my arm...Look how pretty this shade is for fall. You can apply it lightly, and it works.
She: Wow...I never would have guessed. That's beautiful.

And so it goes. Don't let the color of Plum Attraction in the pan scare you. It's dark, as you can see on my arm photo. It's also a great seasonal shade, and if you apply it lightly with a fluffy brush, you'll be able to wear it no matter how fair you are.

In my book, Chanel scored a home run with the new Joues Contraste Powder Blushes! You will see some previously introduced shades alongside the new, limited-edition shades on the display. If you haven't tried two of my favorites - Rose Bronze or Orchid Rose - in the past, they are definitely worth your attention.There are four new Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer lip glosses ($27) in the fall collection. All four are very pretty, but they look like spring and summer shades to me. Let's just say that you can wear all four lip gloss shades year round.
  • Pink Teaser - vivid pink
  • Petite Peche - pale peachy-pink
  • Rose Dilemma - soft pink
  • Coral Love - pink-coral
I purchased Pink Teaser, a vibrant pink shown on my arm at left. I would have bought all four if I had recently won the lottery. Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer gives your lips a gorgeous high-shine look - and I love shiny lips! They look full and perk up my face. They not only look good, they feel good!

Rounding out the collection are three Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lipcolour shades, two Le Vernis Nail Colour shades, and an Intense Eye Pencil in Claire (dark beige). Fortunately, none of these were must-haves for me. I had spent enough. Remember that I purchased all the new eye shadow shades too.

I bought my new Chanel makeup at Neiman Marcus. The new collection is available at Chanel's Web site, and I'm sure it must be at the other department stores too. If it's not, it will be soon. Anything catch your eye?

Chanel's photos courtesy of Chic Profile, a great blog you should check out

4 comments:

Marley's Mom said...

That pink blusher looks very pretty. May have to make a trip to the store!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marley's Mom!

It is very pretty - maybe not as fall-like as the others, but I'll be wearing it a lot. Starting now.

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
Thank you for your two reviews of Chanel's fall products! I have noted the khaki (great with hazelnut eyes) and the taupe too and the blushers... I wouldn't have believed that Plum attraction could be lovely on fair skin but I do believe you!
Chanel lipglosses are always rather light, rather summery and never dramatic: I love them too, so bright!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

I'll be wearing Plum Attraction with my fall clothes. It's so pretty. Loyd gave me a tip. If you do goof and apply just a little too much, take your brush or sponge and cover it with your foundation, blending as you go. Works perfectly!