Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jane Iredale Eye Gloss

When I saw Jane Iredale's Eye Gloss ($15) in Allure, swatched in Green Silk, I knew I had to try it. You probably know that Jane Iredale was a pioneer in supplying the beauty industry with a full line of mineral makeup. She saw the potential of offering physicians makeup that was good for the skin, and she has worked with world-renowned plastic surgeons and dermatologists in the development of her line. The photo in Allure caught my eye immediately. The swatch was a golden green and appeared to have a beautiful shimmer.

Eye Gloss is a cream shadow that's available in eight sparkling shades. See the swatches from Jane Iredale's site at the bottom of this post (you can click on it to enlarge it). These shadows are absolutely crease-resistant, as advertised. There's a reason they are called "silks"! That's the way they go on, and that's the way they look on the lid. Smooth and lustrous, they don't crease or smear; my Green Silk stays on until I take it off. The shadows apply with a doe-foot-type applicator, like lip gloss. The shade shown in the photo above is Grey Silk.

Here's Green Silk on my arm. I applied it relatively unblended, which you should be able to see well. At the top of my arm, I blended it to show you how neutral and sheer it can appear when blended. Blended, it's an "un-green" green. Applied straight from the applicator, it's a very neutral, wearable green. You can apply it heavily or lightly, blended or not, to create the look you want. I like to wear it "half-blended" - if that makes sense. It makes my blue eyes look very blue.

I love Green Silk, so I'd like to try Champagne Silk next. I think Eye Gloss is a great swipe-and-go eye shadow. That's perfect for me when I'm in a hurry in the morning.

You can purchase Eye Gloss from Jane Iredale's Web site, where you can learn a lot more about Jane and her full range of makeup and watch instructional videos, and at beauty.com.

Eye Gloss photos courtesy of Jane Iredale and Beauty.com

2 comments:

New London said...

Jane Iredale's line is so fabulous. She truly is a cosmetic pioneer, even if an eye gloss sounds a little odd....

Charlestongirl said...

Hi New London!

I guess "Eye Gloss" could be intriguing, but it's so cool! Everyone should try it.

I sure wish you were right around the corner from me!