Monday, July 19, 2010

M∙A∙C In the Groove Mineralize Eye Shadows

Seemingly lost in all the hoopla over Stereo Rose Mineralize Skin Finish, which basically sold out with pre-orders, are some very nice limited-edition Mineralize Eye Shadows ($19.50)! They were introduced with the In the Groove Colour Collection.

In the Groove is described as a "modern, flowing, and fabulous way with bold, kaleidoscopic colour combined with boho charm and up-to-the-minute catwalk style. Shadows are matte, sans glitter and in the trio format. Creamy lips play perfectly off Mineralize satin-smooth eyes. Turn on and groove out!"

Mineralize Eye Shadow offers three coordinating shades baked together in a single pan. The shadows create an exceptionally sheer and lightweight look, with what M∙A∙C calls a rich velvety-matte finish. There are nine color-coordinated trios available.

I purchased Cool, Calm & Collected, with satin beige, pearly green, and satin deep green shades. What's just a little odd is that the Mineralize Eye Shadows are described as being matte. My arm photo, taken intentionally in indirect light, shows that the pearly green shade - shown in the middle of my arm photo - shimmers. There's no sparkle, but it's not matte. Even the satin beige shade has a tiny gleam. I don't care how they were described. I find the colors and finish gorgeous. These are greens that are easy to wear. The center color in the trio can be used to accent the center lid to add a pop if you only use the colors on the two sides.

Some of the trio shades are just a little too groovy for my tastes. My favorites of those I didn't purchase are Soften the Mood, Making it Easy, and Love to Love. You can see them at M∙A∙C's Web site or your favorite M∙A∙C counter. If you stop by Nordstrom, you will find some beautiful M∙A∙C Look in a Box Beauty Exclusives. There are two noteworthy sets: Miss Violet and Tawny One. Both are $59.50. They are worth a look-see.

Photo at top courtesy of M∙A∙C

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very pretty shades but i am not quite seeing them as matte, they look very shimmery! i was never the one into MAC makeup but some of their shadows are truly beautiful.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anna,

I don't buy a lot of MAC, but I love what I do buy. The center shade in the trio is shimmery. I really don't understand how MAC determined that it's matte. Good thing I tried it anyhow - I really like it!