Tuesday, July 6, 2010

NARS Enchanted Cream Blush

I was quite taken with the NARS Summer 2010 collection. I tried to avoid buying all of it - I really did. I finally succumbed to the Enchanted Cream Blush ($26).

At first glance, the shade looked too peach to be considered a must-have for me. I do love peach blushers, but they have to have some pink in them. Enchanted didn't appear to have much pink pigment. However, I had a "fond recollection" of playing with it at Neiman Marcus. There was something that had appealed to me.

I ordered it from Sephora and set it aside for summer. Sometimes, I need to spread out my treats. Why wear all of your summer color in the spring? Now, I feel like I went shopping again - in my house. I'm delighted with my find.

Enchanted is a very light peachy gold and a bit sparkly. It was incredibly hard to photograph it to show you. Even though I applied it heavily on my arm, it blended into my skin tone. Naturally, the sunshine made it glimmer more than it does in "real life." The light shade and sheen are actually what makes it appealing on my cheeks. It's a highlighting blusher on me. I can wear it alone for a subtle tint or over another blusher for a gleam.

NARS makes great cream blushers. They are moist, blending and layering easily. They are enriched with vitamin E, which is great for my skin. They are also long-lasting. Another favorite is Penny Lane, also peach, but with a definite pink tilt.

You can find NARS Cream Blush at the NARS Web site and Sephora.

Enchanted photo at top courtesy of NARS

4 comments:

Elizabeth Donskaya said...

i understand what you mean about it being hard to photograph. it really is such a beautiful color, it's so fleshy and sparkly!

Charlestongirl said...

Sometimes, those photos just don't look the way we want them to, huh? Good thing this isn't a photography blog. :)

MarciaF said...

I need to see this in person. I've been afraid it would be too sparkly for someone my age.

Charlestongirl said...

I'd call it lightly sparkly, but sparkly nonetheless. The light your face is in will determine how sparkly it looks. Inside, it appears less sparkly than outdoors.

Do you have a NARS counter near you? Or Sephora?