Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nordstrom Beauty Exclusives: Laura Mercier Portable Beauty Collection

I continue my series on Nordstrom Beauty Exclusives with Laura Mercier's Portable Beauty Collection ($65). I'm trying to bring you some of the sets that I haven't seen on 100 beauty blogs. The Anniversary Sale starts in two days. There's a lot to see! Before Friday, you can pre-order the Beauty Exclusives in the store or online. If you pre-ordered, I'm told you can pick up your purchases now.

The collection includes a split-pan Eye Color Duo in Sparkling Guava and Kir Royal; a professional double-ended All Over Eye Color/Smudge Brush for a flawless application; a universal split-pan Cheek Color Duo in Rose Petal and Mauve Second Skin; a double-ended Lip Glacé in Glimmer and Violet; and a Long Lash Mascara in black to add the finishing touch. All of the items are sleekly housed in a pretty dark blue cosmetic bag, perfect to take anywhere!

My arm photo shows, top to bottom, the two cheek colors, the two eye colors, and the Lip Glacé in Violet. As you can see, the two cheek colors are pink-toned. The two eye colors are very different. Kir Royal is a lavender mauve, while Guava is a peach-toned neutral. The Lip Glacé in Violet is a blue-pink shade, light and pretty. I didn't take a photo of Glimmer. It's a topper shade, meant to enhance either your lipstick or gloss.

All of the shades look good on the face together, alone or blended. I really like the double-ended
All Over Eye Color/Smudge Brush. I think you will too.

The set, exclusive to Nordstrom, is said to be a $164 value. The products are full-sized (or nearly so), which is particularly attractive.

Don't overlook this one when you go shopping!

Top photo courtesy of Nordstrom

3 comments:

Cindy (Prime Beauty) said...

I came *this* close to pre-ordering this and then realized I have so many of these shades!

Charlestongirl said...

Good for you, Cindy! These are nice shades. I didn't have them.

hair styling products said...

Awesome beauty products collection. I quite like the thickening and building mascara, I think its one of the best ones the ysl mascara is crap have heard a few people have major reactions.