Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nordstrom Beauty Exclusives: Quatour Boutons de Chanel

Quatour Boutons de Chanel ($65) is an eye shadow quad everyone can love! With neutral shades ranging from matte to satin to shimmering, it gives you many possibilities for creating gorgeous eyes. It's a Nordstrom Beauty Exclusive for the Anniversary Sale. The sale starts Friday, so it's not too late to pre-order it.

Yes, those double "C's" are pretty, but they won't stick around long after you start using this compact. At the first use, they are gone. Don't purchase this for the monograms. Its appeal is in the neutral shades!

Apply the shadows dry as I do for subtle shadowing. A slightly moistened applicator will give you a more intense shade. According to Chanel, organic polymer derivatives ensure smudge-proof long wear, particularly in high temperature or humidity. I find that Chanel shadows stay put. Could this be the reason?

Here are swatches of the shades, starting at the top left in the quad and moving clockwise. At the top on my arm photo is the light shade, shown in the top left of the quad photo above. You can see in the swatches that all four neutral shades are gorgeous. They are all different, not just variations on a theme. This is a terrific set of eye shadows. Who couldn't wear them?

Despite the quick disappearace of the double "C's," I am very happy I ordered this beauty! You can too. Just don't let any grass grow under your feet. Nordstrom often sells out of its Beauty Exclusives.

Top photo courtesy of Nordstrom

3 comments:

MarciaF said...

Is this the new price of Chanel quads? I ordered Enigma and didn't ask the price!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Marcia!

The quads are regularly $56. I guess the little C's are pricey. :)

hair styling products said...

Wow! Love the shades. Thanks for this post. It inspires me to buy this set. I will sure buy it as I like it.