Monday, August 16, 2010

Suave Professionals Weather Protection 365 Styling Products

"Suave Professionals" - What a great name! "Suave" says, "You know me; I'm comfortable." "Professionals" says, "I'm going to knock your socks off. You thought you knew me, but wait until you see me all grown up."

About a week ago, I received a box from Unilever with two Suave Professionals Weather Protection 365 styling products in it. No name, no note - I have no idea who to thank for my gift! I really need to thank someone because these two products are phenomenal.

From where I sit, the technology behind the best of today's hair care products has improved radically. So many of the products I have tested and used recently meet their promises (that used to be a novel concept in hair care). The Suave Professionals products swept me away because they performed as well as styling products that cost 10 times as much. Maybe that's why the Suave Professionals products are advertised as "salon-proven."

Weather Protection 365 Cream Gel ($3.99) combines the benefits of a cream and a gel to provide smothness and light hold. The all-season shield complex in the cream gel is formulated with ultraviolet filters, smoothing silicones, and light moisturizers to provide a protective barrier against humidity, static, and wind. No frizz or flyaways!

I've been following the directions, which say to apply a dime- or quarter-sized amount to your palm (I'm splitting the difference), rub your palms together, and distribute evenly throughout damp hair. Comb through your hair with a wide-toothed comb. Then style as usual, following with hair spray for added hold and protection.

Suave Professionals Weather Protection 365 Hair Spray ($3.99) is my hair spray of choice after I use the cream gel, and it may become my hair spray of choice no matter what styling product I use beforehand. Like the cream gel, the all-season shield complex of the hair spray is formulated with UV filters and anti-humidity styling polymers that provide a protective barrier against the elements. Suave says you should spray as usual and then flip your hair over and spray again from beneath for extra hold and control. I haven't found a need to do that.

Both products give my fine, lifeless hair volume and bounce and definitely hold its style. I have used them on the worst days for humidity, when my camera lens fogs up the second I go outside. The combination has kept my bob's ends turned under (not every product will do that) on supremely hot and humid days - without unruly flyaways. My hair feels good too. There's no stickiness, crunchiness, or stiffness - just control.

Both the Weather Protection 365 Cream Gel and Hair Spray have a lovely tropical fragrance that sticks around for no longer than two or three minutes. Even though I don't like fragranced hair products as a rule, I wouldn't mind if this one persisted. It smells good!

Suave claims that Weather Protection 365 products are as effective as Matrix Biolage. I'm not sure why they need to make that comparison. I assume Biolage has a big market. To me, there's no comparison. The Suave Professionals products are much better, and they cost a lot less!

You can purchase Suave Professionals products at drugstores, other mass market retailers, Amazon, and drugstore.com. Suave has a Facebook page you might want to check out to learn more.

Now I want to try the three Suave Professionals Volumizing styling products. Is my fairy godmother out there?

Photos courtesy of Suave/Unilever

8 comments:

Confor Thomas said...

I will definitely try this. This review definitely helped.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi there,

There's a lot to love, starting with price and performance!

Thanks!

Bari said...

I love products that are available at my local drugstore, and which don't break the bank. Your endorsement makes me want to run right to CVS and try them. If I wasn't already in my PJs, I would!

Charlestongirl said...

Bari, I think you will LOVE these fab products. I'm totally smitten. Check out your drugstore this weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

These are the best products I have ever used. But - now I can't find them anywhere in town. What happened?

Charlestongirl said...

Have you checked online? We had trouble finding it in NoVA, and my friend found it in a drugstore in Pennsylvania. She bought two for me there. I am not sure why it's so hard to find in stores, but I can check with the company and try to find out.

Anonymous said...

Bought this and LOVE it! Now I believe discontinued! Very disappointed. Can't find it online either.

Charlestongirl said...

I'm going to "die" if I can't find the hair spray. I will look and come back here with information.