Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Alima Pure Once Upon a Time Collection for Holiday 2010

Alima Pure - pure, natural mineral makeup that doesn't sacrifice style and the latest "it" colors for the rewards of using natural makeup. I was sent a sample of the Holiday 2010 sets by Alima Pure, and I was immediately excited by the shades as I dabbled with them upon arrival. To use that hackneyed expression, I felt like a kid in a candy store.

The colors in the sets are gorgeous. I also received a brochure with little swatches showing all the shades available - blushes, eye shadows, eyeliners, bronzers, foundations, and more. The range was stunning. Now that I've worn the makeup, I have a wish list that's way too long. I'm going to have to pace myself. How could you, though, when there are at least 10 blush shades you really need to try?

Alima Pure makes its mineral makeup using only the purest cosmetic-grade mineral pigments. There are no additives, fillers, or fragrances that can irritate your skin or clog your pores. In fact, the natural mineral pigments Alima Pure uses are actually good for your skin, providing sun protection and helpful anti-inflammatory properties.

Have sensitive skin? You won’t find any potential irritants, such as bismuth oxychloride, talc, dyes, fragrances, parabens, phthalates, or preservatives in any of Alima Pure's natural cosmetics. Alima is so pure that they earned the BDIH European seal of approval for natural products. Alima Pure products are never tested on animals, so they get Charlie's seal of approval too.

Because Alima’s pure colors and mineral pigments are so rich and long-lasting, you don’t need much powder to do a beautiful job. Available in a rich variety of shades, Alima Pure eye shadows, liners, and blushers, the products I tested, apply smoothly to enhance your complexion. You can get great coverage while letting your skin radiate its own natural beauty.

This line is new to me. Yes, mineral pigments are a little messy, but those of you who are hooked on M·A·C Pigments or other loose powder makeup won't mind at all. I could get used to these. As I've experimented, I've developed a technique to ensure that I don't end up with color where I don't want it (eye shadow on cheeks or all over my sink).

There are two Alima Pure Holiday 2010 collections. Let's look at Once Upon a Time (only $25) now and Happily Ever After later today. The Once Upon a Time Collection, introduced for Holiday 2010, has a magical theme and supports a good cause.

Once Upon A Time there were four gorgeous eye shadows in beautiful shades that sparkled with goodness. The eco-friendly eye shadows were beautifully packaged and very budget-friendly. Every princess in the land wanted the collection, and the smartest princesses bought it for themselves because it was a limited edition.

This is so cute, I'm not sure how to recover from cute overload. I'll concentrate on the eye shadows. That should help. Steady, girl!

The eye shadow pots I was sent to sample, seen above, are not full-sized. No matter - they are absolutely adorable with their bird-print screw-on caps. Enchanting! The four Once Upon a Time shades are, from left to right, Glass Slipper, a soft silver yellow; Spun Gold, a deeper golden shade; Enchanted Forest, a soft taupe sprinkled with gold and silver shimmer (exquisite); and Fairy Godmother, a medium purple with a generous serving of silver sparkle.

Naturally, I swatched and wore them right away. The swatch photo at right shows the shades in the order in which they are listed above. I applied the swatches to my arm with sponge-tipped applicators. When applied with a brush, the shades were much more subtle - the way I've worn them to work - perfect for day wear. My photo was taken in full sun.

All four shades are very pretty. I can even wear the purple! It has enough blue in it to make it work on my skin. It's not my favorite of the four, but it's nice. The other three shades are drop-dead gorgeous. This set is a hit at my house, cute fairy tale or not.

Want to try Alima Pure, but these aren't your shades? There are a three finishes from which to choose: Luminous Shimmer, Pearl Lustre, and Satin Matte. Within each, there are lots of colors. I'm attracted to the holiday sets because you save a few dollars. Not only that, $2 from every set purchase goes to the Global Fund for Women. I love brands that give back!

There's so much to tell you about Alima Pure. They have a great Web site, filled with information, and their blog is interesting (a great discussion of natural health and beauty). They also have a Facebook site and a Twitter account. Check them out - you won't be disappointed. This is mineral makeup a makeup snob can love!

Later today, I'll tell you a little more about Alima Pure and show you Happily Ever After, another great Holiday 2010 collection. If you get the time today, please check out Alima Pure online.

Photo at top courtesy of Alima Pure

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's me, but none of the Alima Pure links in your post are working. They go to Error 404 - Not Found.

Unknown said...

hmm, the link worked just fine for me. I wanted to say that i have their eye brushes and they are great: so soft! they do not shed which is a great plus for me too.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, it's not you. This morning they worked for me, but now they go to an Alima Pure Error 404 page. I will investigate and fix if I can. Thank you!

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, all fixed! There was a double quote missing in the link code. Not sure how it disappeared, but they are fixed. Thank you very much for letting me know!

Hi Anna,
Tell us more! What else have you used? I am loving my makeup sampled. I feel a big purchase coming on. :)

Unknown said...

Actually, I only used the brushes.. I also got the blush and an eyeshadow but I sent them to my sister as I had too much makeup. So i cannot say much about the makeup but brushes are really good!

Charlestongirl said...

Anna, there is no such thing as having too much makeup! I am seriously chuckling. You should see this place.