Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Clinique Double the Kisses for Holiday 2010

Clinique always introduces great gift sets for the holidays. This year there's one that is particularly nice. The limited-edition Double the Kisses ($25) collection is available at Sephora.

This collection of three nicely sized, beautifully coordinated lipstick and lip gloss duos provides a nice range of shades. Different Lipstick, one of my favorite formulas, keeps lips comfortable with a smooth, moisturizing formula. Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 delivers dramatic shine that sticks around for awhile. The three duos come in a cute bright pink mini-sized makeup bag.

The shades are shown in my swatch photo at right. I swatched each duo with the Different Lipstick above the Long Last Glosswear with which it's paired. My photo was taken in full morning sun. I applied each lipstick straight from the tube and each gloss using its own doe-foot applicator.

Top to bottom are Raspberry Glacé/Kissyfit, Double Fudge/Sunset, and Tenderheart/Air Kiss - all pretty. You shouldn't feel constrained to wear the parings Clinique selected. I wore Raspberry Glacé with Air Kiss over it and thought it was gorgeous. Different Lipstick is so hydrating, you won't feel like you need a gloss if you choose to wear it alone.

This collection is a fabulous value. Sometimes, Clinique puts out holiday sets filled with teeny tiny lip colors. While not fully sized, these duos are more than amply sized to treat you to some of Clinique's best sellers. At $25, how could you resist?

It appears that Double the Kisses is exclusive to Sephora, where I bought mine.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ha! I am adding this to my Christmas wish list. LOVE the lipstick texture and those colors look really lovely.