Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash

NeoStrata's Foaming Glycolic Wash ($32) is a perfect cleanser for glycolic acid users who prefer a deep cleanser that will not cause irritation. I like glycolic acid products. My sensitive skin tolerates them with ease, and they exfoliate without the harsh actions of some physical exfoliators.

NeoStrata sent me Foaming Glycolic Wash before Christmas, and it has been my go-to shower cleanser ever since. I must have a pump applicator in whatever cleanser I keep in my shower. This one was designed with my pump preference in mind. Thank you, NeoStrata!

NeoStrata's most potent cleanser is formulated in an amphoteric system to capture the benefits of glycolic and lactobionic acid, while minimizing the potential for irritation. It's formulated with 18% glycolic acid and 2% lactobionic acid to gently exfoliate, unclog congested pores, and stimulate cell renewal. It prepares skin for optimal benefits of any regimen that follows.
  • It's a soap-free, pH-balanced face wash that is a very light foam.
  • It contains 18% glycolic acid to smoothe the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles over time.
  • Lactobionic acid diminishes lines and wrinkles and smoothes the texture of "uneven" skin.
  • The cleanser is recommended for experienced glycolic acid users. I'm not sure I understand this last one, since I find Foaming Glycolic Wash gentle. Maybe that's because I don't leave it on my skin for a long time. When I'm in the shower, I'm often in "gotta move along" mode.
This cleanser was featured on The Today Show when Prevention magazine had a "Defy Your Age" series. You can see the feature at this link. It's a short read; I recommend you take a look. Prevention recommended using Foaming Glycolic Wash in the evening. No matter, use it whenever you want! Once/day is probably often enough, though.

NeoStrata does not recommend Foaming Glycolic Wash for sensitive skin. Oh well, my skin is extremely sensitive and reactive, and I have never had a problem using it. No burning, tingling, or after-cleansing irritation. I like it very much, and it's staying in my shower!

You can purchase the Foaming Glycolic Wash at NeoStrata's Web site, where you can learn more about NeoStrata skin care the its undeniable results. It's also available at SkinStore, SkinCareRX, Ulta, and Pure Beauty - at price points that are extremely attractive for state-of-the-art skin-care technology.

Photo courtesy of NeoStrata

6 comments:

jezebella said...

I love NeoStrata. Their glycolic acid products are so potent yet affordable! I use their 10% glycolic acid cleansing/exfoliating mask. (10% is the most that's allowed in Canada.) Are you planning on trying any more of their products?

Charlestongirl said...

Absolutely, Jezebella! I have reviewed NeoStrata products before, and I will continue to. In fact, there are a few new ones on the way. I love them.

Pauline Shirley said...

Enjoyed reading your blog,... just had to google 'amphoteric' to glean its meaning which is, that it can act as an acid or a base. Thist means that the wash is gentle whatever the pH of the water and or skin condition. Keep writing. Good stuff!!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Pauline! I actually wondered if anyone would know that word. :)

I am so pleased you checked!

michelle said...

I have used NeoStrata before, but never a cleanser by them. Can you use it to remove makeup or is that something you should do first? I have a 10% Glycolic Acid peel gel I usually apply after cleansing and toning it works fine, but I like the idea of it in a face wash.

Can you tell me whether the wash removes makeup or do I need to remove it prior to washing?

Charlestongirl said...

Michelle, this one removes makeup well. I have been using it in the shower in the morning (no makeup), so when I got home from work, I used it to take off my makeup. Wanted to give you an adequate answer.

It wasn't a great mascara remover, but few are. I cleaned up my undereye residue with an eye makeup remover.

Give it a try. Since you are only supposed to use it once/day, I will continue to use it in the morning shower and use one of my other cleansers in the evening. Right now, I'm testing Josie Maran's new argan oil cleanser, and I'm loving it.