Tuesday, May 3, 2011

La Prairie Colour for Summer 2011: Cellular Radiance Cream Blush by Raychel Wade

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those that got there first.

With apologies to Steven Tyler, for stealing one of his expressions - and grammarians - this sentence struck me as appropriate for La Prairie's new Cellular Radiance Cream Blush ($70), part of the Summer 2011 Colour Collection designed by Raychel Wade, La Prairie's Colour Ambassador. If you like cream blushes, particularly superior ones, buy one of these now!

In February, I gave you a sneak peek at the collection. Now, it's available at La Prairie counters. There are two shades of the Cellular Radiance Cream Blush available in the new collection. The first shade, shown above, is the limited-edition Mauve Glow, the darker of the two. The lighter shade is Plum Glow, shown at left, and it will be part of the permanent collection. Both shades work for me, although I have to apply Mauve Glow with a light hand.

Today, I am wearing Plum Glow, and if I can brag for Raychel, it looks fabulous. These blushes are like silk in a pan. The texture is divine. They can be applied with a synthetic brush, sponge, fingertips - whatever - and the results will be fabulous. They blend beautifully, and they last all day long, with the same color I applied in the morning. Plum Glow gives me color that looks like my own, and the cream texture settles right into my face - just like it belongs there. It's unconditional love!

Each blush comes in an amazing silver zippered case - very fancy, maybe too fancy. Unzip the case, and you'll find the silver compact, which works for me without the extra case. I'm low maintenance (sometimes), and I don't need a zippered case. Everything about these blushes screams luxury, including the price. I know you are going to tell me that $70 is a lot to pay for a cream blush. There are two reasons why I think you should overlook the price. First, the compacts are relatively large. Second, all La Prairie color is not only makeup, but treatment too. The ingredients are good for your skin, designed to make you look like a million bucks.

I was able to get a swatch photo in full sun. There seems to be a sunlight breakdown most afternoons, just like in the heat of summer when the clouds roll in each afternoon, announcing approaching thunderstorms. I applied each shade to my arm with my fingertip, and I barely blended the swatches. I wanted you to see the colors well. Plum Glow at the top is a neutral pink, and Mauve Glow is rose. Both shades are extremely flattering - from my perspective. I suspect I'll reach for Plum Glow the most often, but I'm glad to have them both.

You can purchase these lovely cream blushes at La Prairie counters or at La Prairie's Web site. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus.

Photos at top courtesy of La Prairie

8 comments:

lovethescents said...

Well you make the formula sound absolutely divine! Fortunately for me and my wallet, neither colour looks perfect for my yellowy-olive skin tone. Plum Glow seems a bit too light, and Mauve might be okay, only like you, with a light hand. I'm not running downtown for this just yet. Thank goodness! :-)

Sparklehead said...

The look gorgeous! I just got interested in cream blushes after falling in love with Le Metier's creme tints. These look like they could be a new love!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Wish you could see Raychel - she is so good with color. Even if these two shades of La Prairie's cream blush don't work for you, there are others. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sparklehead!

They are gorgeous. I'm looking at my new LP ones, with the LMdB ones at my side - love them all!

lovethescents said...

My goodness, Charlestongirl, there are other colours? I just assuuuuuumed there were only the two. Now I might be in trouble. Eeeek!

Charlestongirl said...

Oh yeah, Lovethescents!

There were lovely shades even before the summer collection was released. :)

Julia said...

How would you compare these to the Edward Bess compact rouge? The Mauve Glow looks similar to Island Rose...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Julia!

I think it's much deeper than Island Rose. More pigmented.