Thursday, February 23, 2012

Givenchy Poudre Croisière Healthy Glow Powder

Givenchy's new Poudre Croisière Healthy Glow Powder ($50) is a talc-free bronzer made of a baked gel. I purchased Ambre Croisière (#3), the only shade that was originally available at Sephora, the exclusive retailer.

In a way, it's good that Extrême Croisière (#4) wasn't displayed when I ordered Ambre Croisière. The online photo is extremely enticing, and I would have had to make an agonizing decision - gold or brown? Online, Extrême Croisière appears to be a cooler shade of brown. I tried to resist when I saw it this week. I succumbed. By Monday, I should have #4 too. I will do a comparison photo to help you select a shade.

Totally weightless and invisible on the skin, this creamy formula provides ultimate softness and a light-as-air natural finish. With a consistency that's easy to blend, this bronzer can be applied alone with the Givenchy Kabuki brush or over Mister Radiant. Use it year-round to smooth pores, even the skin's texture, and provide a healthy glow.

Here's Ambre Croisière. Isn't the pattern attractive? I like the looks of it. It is described as golden tan, and I think that's accurate. Extrême Croisière - the one I ordered last night - is described as bronzed light brown. Because the powder is sheer and buildable, I suspect I'll find it equally delightful.

I took this swatch photo in full sun. I applied Ambre Croisière crazy heavily at the top of my arm, using a sponge-tipped applicator. I used a dense blush brush to apply it below, still heavily, but not unreasonably heavy. I wanted to be able to show you the hue.

I think Ambre Croisière is a pretty golden shade. While it looks muddy in the top swatch on my arm, the blended color on my face is golden and pretty. It offers glowing, gleaming, but somehow natural color (no sparkle). I have worn it as a warming and contouring powder, and I've worn it as a golden brown blush (brown tones look really good when you're wearing purple).

I hope I like Extrême Croisière as much as I like Ambre Croisière. I felt a little obsessed making another $50 online purchase. You know how much I hate spending money (just kidding).

You will find this lovely new Givenchy Poudre Croisière Healthy Glow Powder at Sephora online. I ordered a few more new Givenchy products; I'll show them to you when they arrive.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Evelyn said...

I just noticed that last night as I was browsing Sephora's website! I was wondering to myself which color might work with me, although do I really need another bronzer to bring some color into my skin with its NYC pallor? Can't wait to see the second one you ordered too. :)

DivaDebbi said...

CG,
Does the gel formula keep it from looking dry, matte and settling into creases? I've really abandonded my bronzing powders...

Thx!

Charlestongirl said...

I am hoping I love the #4, Evelyn. I expect it to show up Monday, so maybe mid-week?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Debbi,

I wouldn't think of it as a gel, even though the formula is described that way.

I use a lot of moisturizer every day, so I don't have the probs you asked about. That makes me a less-than-ideal person to answer. The one thing I can address is matte. It's not exactly matte; it gleams.

Sorry!

Lisa said...

It looks a bit orangey in the photos. Does it lean towards orange, or is it the photo?

Charlestongirl said...

Lisa,

Look at the blended swatch, not the overly heavy one. On my face, it doesn't look orange - it's golden. On my arm, if applied way too heavily, it does look orange.

MandiMomof3 said...

Look forward to the swatch comparison to the other shade. Is this a cream to powder feel? Or does it still feel sticky after its applied? Do you have the ingredients you could list as well since Sephora doesnt list them? I really is a bummer when they dont list ingredients on there site. Thank you. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MandiMomof3,

Not at all sticky. It's a powder.

I do have the ingredients on the box, but it may be a few days before I can type them out. Will try this weekend.

yesplease1816 said...

Oooh so excited, I'm betting that you got the new Le Prisme Blush Bucolique-am I right? I am wanting this sooooo bad but I can't decide between Bucolic Rose or Poppy. I guess I will wait to decide once you post your review so I can see swatches!!

Charlestongirl said...

Extrême Croisière arrived (no time for photos yet), and it is drop-dead gorgeous!

yesplease1816 said...

I can't wait to see the photos for the Extrême Croisière! So did you not get the Le Prisme Blush Bucolique? LOL, you said you got a few more Givenchy products so I guess I just assumed you got the Blush Bucolique :D

Anonymous said...

Great post. I'm looking forward to the comparison between the two shades as well. :)

They say this is a baked gel; any idea how it compares to their actual gel bronzer, Mister Radiant?

Along with Yesplease, I am eagerly waiting to see what other Givenchy products you'll be reviewing. Their foundation has been fabulous for me and I'd like to try the bucolic visage (any idea if that would work for very pale skin, like nc10?) And the new bucolic blushes. Love the unique look, and I also wonder if it could be varied by swiping more of the peachy side vs the side with more poppy/rose. Looking forward to your next posts, whatever they turn out to be!

Ann Onymous, the last person on the planet without a facebook or twitter account. Lol