Friday, April 6, 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty Ecailles Collection for Summer 2012

Giorgio Armani introduces his vision of nature through another landscape of colors. The Mediterranean Sea...Le Regard Ecailles.

Light morphs with precious sea scales to create unprecedented four-dimensional color - revealing a goddess emerging from the sea carrying the treasures of the Mediterranean. Armani has brought the sea to the eyes with two palettes, a luminescent play on lights. A seaside smoky eye from sea froth to deep sea blues. Cut with obsidian black liner and light infused with a luminous mother of pearl touch. The palette above is a limited edition. Only 1,000 will be sold worldwide.

The palette #1 below presents sea froth, grey blue, deep blue sea, and grey pearl.

Four new Eyes to Kill shades will be available: Obsidian Black Seaweed, Obsidian Grey, Écailles,and Madre Perla (shown left to right). Sorry for the black backgrounds. I'll get better photos when I have my hands on these stunning products. Écailles looks drop-dead gorgeous.

Cool and refreshing pinks, washed by nature, will create a vintage look for eyes and cheeks. There are four new Gloss d'Armani shades: Pink 509, 510, 511, and 512. Steady my heart, I think I need all three!

The duo below provides two must-have shades for the face: Vintage Pink and Vintage Foam.

This gorgeous Summer 2012 Collection should arrive at Giorgio Armani Beauty counters very soon - possibly as early as next week.

Photos courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The limited edition eye palette looks so much like one of the spring collection a couple of years ago, no?!

Daisy

yesplease1816 said...

Quite honestly: I don't usually wear vibrant blues on my eyes--but I am dying to get these palettes because they are so beautiful!!! Haha. I think I will finally try a gloss or two as well. I've heard amazing things about the Gloss D'Armani

Unknown said...

Wow the limited release palette looks amazing. I'm sure I have no chance of getting my hands on it. I am also so wary of Armani Eye shadows. So often they can be less then stellar. Goodness that's a pretty palette though!

Eileen said...

Hi Yesplease,

British Beauty Blogger actually has some swatches (3/20/12) of the eye palette and it is not vibrant at all. In fact, it is very, very sheer. The Eyes to Kill shadows have much more impact.

Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about this collection for summer. I loved La Femme Bleu from last spring because the beautiful peacock colors reminded me of a stroll under big shade trees on a warm spring day. This summer collection, though, seems cold and misty to me. I guess I'll just have to wait until it arrives at the counter to see it in person.

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, it does, Daisy. You have a good eye.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Yesplease,

I suspect these shadows are extremely sheer, the rule for Armani. Don't write them off before you try them. :)

I love Gloss d'Armani. This would be a great time to try a shade.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi PP,

I don't know what you mean about the shadows being "less than stellar." The powder shadows have a universally flattering following - for good reason, I think.

Did you mean the Eyes to Kill Intense shadows? In the pots?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I will have to go look. I never check up on her blog...just not enough hours in the day!

I want to see and try the blues, just to make sure they lean grey. Bright blues don't look good on me, in my opinion.

Eileen said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I think the intent of the regular palette is to use the shades of gray to sculpt the eye area and then use the blue to add a whisper of color. The sheer blue smudged around the lashes and perhaps up into the > would be very subtle and daytime appropriate. I think it would also be pretty to do all the shading and contouring with the grays and then use a blending brush dipped in the blue to sweep a light wash of color over all à la LMdB. As you'll see from the swatches (3/20/11), there is nothing Katy Perry about this blue ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

I'm sure you're right, Eileen. Katy Perry...do you mean her eyes or her hair? :)

Unknown said...

The limited eye palette's colors are so beautiful. But, specially I like the lip color, that pink is easy to be worn. I wonder what the shade of foundation did the model wear. It looks healthy tan but not too dark. I absolutely love it!