Sunday, May 20, 2012

M·A·C Cremeblend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy from the Perennial Pinks Collection for 2012

I did buy one more item from M·A·C's Perennial Pinks Collection: So Sweet, So Easy Cremeblend Blush ($20). M·A·C calls it a bright yellow pink. I fail to see yellow in it; I see blue. Take a look at my photo below and see what you think.

No matter how the shade is described, it's still a nice cream blush - especially for $20. Here's how M·A·C describes Cremeblend Blush...

A blush that manages to make a simple blush state-of-the-art. Creamy, easy to blend medium coverage formula imparts a natural finish that's smooth, dewy-fresh, and long lasting.

That sums it up pretty well. I'd add "very sheer" to its description. I had to layer it onto my arm crazy-heavily to get the top swatch on my arm. I used a sponge-tipped applicator - not the idea instrument for swatching a cream blush, and took my photos in full sun. At the top of my arm, I applied So Sweet, So Easy extremely heavily. Below, in the larger swatch, I applied the swatch with one pass of the applicator.

The color is baby pink on steroids. It's actually very pretty, youthful, and dewy on my cheeks when I apply it with a foundation brush or my fingers. It's not as blue as the Peony Petal Powder Blush I showed you last week. I think can be attributed to its sheerness.

I have cream blushes I like a lot more, but this one would be a nice pick-me-up to keep in my desk drawer at work. It produces that effect, and at the end of a long day, my face can use some color!

As I mentioned, the Perennial Pinks were repromotes that have already disappeared from the M·A·C New Collections page. So Sweet, So Easy was too. You can still purchase it. Just click on this link at M·A·C's Web site.

Photo at top courtesy of M·A·C; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

1 comment:

Carrie Meredith said...

I love how sheer this is! I probably won't buy even though I'd like to-- my Edward Bess Lip & Cheek cremes are keeping me VERY happy. Plus, I've indulged in quite a bit of Vapour Beauty products, including a gorgeous sheer fuschia creme blush stick.The truth is that I hardly use any powdered formulas (for anywhere on my face) anymore. Creme blushes have become my new crack attack. :)