Thursday, August 1, 2013

More on Guerlain's Voilette de Madame Collection for Fall 2013

Guerlain has introduced its exclusive Fall 2013 Voilette de Madame Collection, composed to make every woman irresistible, expressing her seduction and personality with style and femininity. Madame’s ultimate accessory, the veil, is the inspiration for this season’s collection. Like Madame herself, the veil gives only small glimpses into a woman’s mysterious world. And as Madame unveils herself, her secrets come to light.

I promised an update as soon as I received the press release for the collection. I got it. Here's what you will find at your favorite Guerlain counter.

Gloss d’Enfer Maxi Shine - Three New Limited-Edition Shades ($30.00)
Gloss d’Enfer Maxi Shine glosses guarantee your lips a shimmering, radiant, and plumped look. Lightweight and instantly eye-catching, Maxi Shine offers tailor-made effects for a devastatingly angelic smile. Here are the fall shades. I had to order them all.
  • Madame Batifole (#860) - electric, sparkling fuchsia
  • Madame Flirt (#861) - gourmand sparkling red
  • Madame Fascine (#863) - sparkling deep purple
Rouge G - Three New Limited-Edition Shades ($49.50)
Rouge G de Guerlain captures the quintessence of luxury. With a simple click, the case reveals a mirror and a lipstick nestled within. An exceptional, fabulously chic accessory, Rouge G surpasses mere beauty. The ruby formula gives lips a vibrant luminosity with highly concentrated pigmentation for intense color. Perfectly paired with Guerlain’s matching Gloss d’Enfer counterpart, Rouge G’s new fall shades are enclosed in a limited-edition case adorned in a screen-printed dotted Swiss veil.

There are three new shades for fall. I'm stunned that Guerlain gave them the same numbers and names as the glosses. Nevertheless, I was "forced" to order two of them. I left Madame Flirt behind. She is too dark for my tastes.
  • Madame Batifole (#860) - vibrant fuchsia
  • Madame Flirt (#861) - fruity red
  • Madame Rêve (#862) - voluptuous pink
Madame Rougit - New Limited-Edition Blush ($67.00)
Guerlain’s newest blush encompasses four luminous colors: raspberry, pale pink, beige, and coral, which work together to illuminate and highlight, leaving a velvety finish. Madame Rougit comes enclosed in a lacquered black box with a magnetic closure and slips into an elegant suedette pouch with coral topstitching. Madame Rougit will be mine!

Le Vernis - One New Limited-Edition Shade ($23.00)
Guerlain’s nail lacquers are indispensable allies for accomplished femininity. These ultra-vibrant shades incorporate adhesive resins to offer a perfectly even sheen that lasts for days. For the fall season, Guerlain introduces a new shade of Le Vernis: 860 Madame Batifole, a deep and intense fuchsia.

Ecrin 2 Couleurs - Eight New Permanent Shades ($44.00)
Guerlain’s new duo eye shadows are the perfect accessory for creating statement looks. Inside the slender gold case are two stunning colors: one a pure color and one a luminous veil. The pure color shadows are matte and intense, gliding on to create instant effect. The other serves as a veil, a sparkly or metallic texture that can add a layer of dazzling radiance.

There are eight new shades, and I didn't have the energy late last night to crop and save all eight photos. They are an interesting - and in some cases unconventional - mix.
  • 01 Two Rock - dazzling green and black (on the way to me)
  • 02 Two Stylish - deep blue and metallic grey
  • 03 Two Extravagant - chocolate brown and zesty green
  • 04 Two Gossip - plum and baroque gold
  • 05 Two Candy - soft white and sparkling pink
  • 06 Two Parisian - intense black and powder pink
  • 07 Two Lovely - soft grey and aquamarine
  • 08 Two Spicy - ebony brown and spicy coral (on the way to me)
Eye Pencil - Five New Permanent Shades ($30.00)
Guerlain’s new retractable eye pencils transform the eyes in an instant. The pencil’s clever combination of smooth waxes, luminous polymers, and intense pigmentation allow it to create the perfect eye contour. Long-lasting, non-transferable, and water-resistant, Guerlain’s eye pencil is amendable to every occasion. I'm going to check them out when they arrive in my local stores.
  • 01 Black Jack
  • 02 Jackie Brown
  • 03 Deep Purple
  • 04 Katy Navy
  • 05 Amber Silver
Guerlain’s Voilette de Madame collection will be available beginning August 2013 (yikes - that's now!) at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, and Bergdorf Goodman. As I mentioned earlier, the collection is already available at the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas, and it has popped up on department store Web sites.

Update 8/5: The three Rouge G names have been corrected - really just one of them. One was incorrectly named. My apologies! I received the pieces I ordered today, and they are gorgeous - totally gorgeous. They were supposed to arrive Friday (they had been sent Two-day Air), but they didn't come until today. When UPS is good, it's very, very good. When it's bad? I had to wait days for my treasures. It made me a very anxious gal.

Photos courtesy of Guerlain

14 comments:

Eileen said...

I can hardly wait to see your selections; especially Two Rock. That is one that I have on my must-see list. That jade green coupled with a silvery charcoal sparkle intrigues me. I'm also lusting after Two Lovely--aqua tinged gray with a sparkling veil of aquamarine sounds lovely. This concert season, I have the feeling I'm going to be wearing a lot more sparkle and color than Inusually do :-)

I'm just so impressed with this whole collection: Sophisticated, elegant, lady-like, a little mysterious. Guerlain, you take my breath away!

Unknown said...

I have been absolutely lusting after the Madame Rougit blush for months now! This will absolutely be finding it's way into my collection of all of the "Rouge G" style LE blushes and powders! I have read some conflicting reviews of Madame Rougit, but these are just must-haves for me! :)
I'm also very intrigued by the other Fall collection info I've seen for the new foundation and violettes powders(I'm all set on brushes for the time being). Looking forward to a very Guerlain Fall season ;)

Jenny said...

I'm so enamored with this collection, too. I think I fell in love when I saw just that first promo shot. I already ordered the blush and the Amber Silver eyeliner. I'm contemplating going back for more--but I'm trying to be good, since there is still so much to come.

Kylee @ Lifting in Lipstick said...

Ooh, I'm excited for these! I love Guerlain's shadows and hope these live up to the hype because there's a few I'm lusting after (Two Rock in particular, so I'll be on the look out for your review!).

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Eileen!

That Two Rock really got to me. I don't know how much use I'll get out of the black shade, but the green is stunning. I spent too much on one collection.

Charlestongirl said...

I love that, Erin. It's like a very merry Christmas.

Charlestongirl said...

Jenny, wait until swatches start circulating so you can make informed choices. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Kylee,

I will not be surprised if certain limited items in this collection sell out in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

I picked up one of the lipsticks at NM today. It's more than I am comfortable spending on lipstick but the PACKAGING. Wow wow wow. It makes it worth the money just because it's so special. A real treat. Plus, not 5 minutes after buying, I had someone tell me how lovely the color looked on me. ;) I'd say it was worth the extra cash.

Evelyn said...

I couldn't resist running off to order the Rouge G in Madame Batifole. lol The eyeliner in Amber Silver sounds very interesting too. The blush though...the colors look familiar so I'm waiting to see how much they are like the previous blush from Guerlain. It looks pretty in any case. :)

Julie said...

OMG!!! This collection is so pretty especially the blush and eyeshadow. Love the colors of each and with these colors, you can create different beautiful and natural looks. I'll def check on these...

Claire said...

Ya, the PR finally arrived. I must find out who mans Guerlain counter and maybe befriend him/her quickly before that blush is sold out!

Unknown said...

Just tried out several things at Bergdorf, including Amber Silver (amazing! Such a pretty silver-taupe color, the name doesn't do it justice, and it works higher up on the lid as well!) and Rouge G in Madame Flirt (also amazing, a great, gorgeous, long-lasting raspberry color). My mom got the blush too, which is beautiful and stunning to look at, not to mention on.

Isla said...

Madame Rougit looks gorgeous, I can't wait to see swatches and reviews!