Wednesday, September 25, 2013

NEST Fragrances PASSION Scented Candle, Supporting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation

I'm not sure what initially attracted my attention: the exquisite color of the candle or a scented candle in the NEST display that I didn't recognize. I gave the "tester" a sniff, then I swooned.

After doing a little research, I learned that Laura Slatkin, Founder and CEO of NEST Fragrances, created the PASSION Scented Candle ($28) to honor the memory and the extraordinary achievements of Evelyn H. Lauder, Founder of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. As October, breast cancer awareness month approaches, the timing of PASSION's release was perfect.

Evelyn Lauder's passion and dedication to finding a cure for and preventing breast cancer by establishing The Breast Cancer Research Foundationare are legendary. Not only did she raise awareness of breast cancer globally, she also inspired leading scientists to study the disease by funding groundbreaking research at renowned medical centers worldwide. "I was inspired to create PASSION after hearing Evelyn’s husband Leonard lovingly announce his commitment to continuing her critically important work [after her death]. They were in this fight together, and NEST Fragrances is pleased to join them in their efforts by supporting The Breast Cancer Research Foundation with PASSION," said Laura Slatkin. NEST Fragrances is donating 10 percent of the retail price of each PASSION Candle purchased to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

PASSION combines the essences of blooming peony and dewy garden roses with warm sandalwood and a hint of flowering pittosporum, Evenlyn Lauder's beloved fragrance note. This peony is the real thing - so different from the many fragrances that claim to feature peony That's why I swooned with my first whiff. I was transported to a mid-May garden, with pink and white peonies scenting the air around them. I was so impressed, I walked around Neiman Marcus making all my friends experience PASSION. To a one, they all agreed it was divine.

I haven't purchased mine yet. I am waiting to see if the lunatics in Congress shut down the government. As soon as I know the coast is clear, I will be at Neiman Marcus or NEST's Web site with credit card in hand. It's so good, I may be "forced" to buy two - perhaps three since 10% will be donated to charity.

Photo courtesy of NEST Fragrances

6 comments:

virginiaisforluvrs said...

Lunatics in the government. That made me laugh. My husband works for the govt so I'm crossing my fingers that there isn't a shutdown. Seems like we go through this every year though, maybe more than once a year. So frustrating!

Moonchime said...

LOL, Charleston Girl, about the Lunatics in Government. I also hope they don't shut down.

The PASSION candle sounds absolutely heavenly. I am going to have to order one or two of them myself.

Unknown said...

Another weakness of mine...candles. This is a beautiful color and am sure the fragrance is lovely too. So, I ordered it. It's for a good cause!
Thanks for sharing this.
Have a great weekend.
Don't even get me started on Government issues. It brings thoughts of a daycare gone wild!

bookworm said...

Hey Charleston Girl, I'm a long time lurker, but thought I should let you know about a message I am getting whenever I open your blog. It says "Do you want to open or save analytics.js from a.sitemeter.com?" This just started happening today, but I thought you should know. Anyway love the blog and thank you for all the wonderful recommendations.

Unknown said...

You had me at hello. The color, the fragrance description, and the good cause made my credit card zing a bit. Thank you for the review.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Bookworm, I just saw it from work. I don't understand it, but will have to contact Site Meter when I get home. I changd nothing, but clearly they or Blogger has.