Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sisley L'Orchidée Rose Blush Highlighter from the City Muse Collection for Fall 2013

Like a melting pot buzzing with energy and creativity, the city is a bubbling whirlpool of effervescence. From Paris to New York, from London to Milan, the Sisley woman is decidedly urban this autumn. Her world spans major international capital cities, where businesswomen flourish. Pounding the streets of the grand boulevards or flitting between high-society dinner parties, she exudes androgynous elegance with the added twist of ultra-feminine makeup.

Perhaps not my lifestyle, but...
In the fall, our complexions lighten; summer’s sun-kissed looks fade away to leave a transparent, hopefully luminous, and pinkish complexion. This fall, color takes center stage. Sisley's L'Orchidée Rose Blush Highlighter ($108) is the perfect complement to dramatic eyes and intense lips. It will not compete with them. You have seen the minimal cheek color for fall. This one, composed of three shades, which can be blended in infinite variations to illuminate the complexion, is perfect.

L’Orchidée Rose colors and enhances the complexion with an easy-to-apply and endlessly adjustable luminous veil. Its trio of ultra-luminous shades is specially designed to beautify and sculpt the face: three soft, slightly pearly shades that refract the light and offer a gorgeous glow.

L'Orchidée Rose adds a subtle pink sheen that will brighten up your winter complexion like a breath of fresh air for the face - light due to the airy and silky formula with micronized pigments and extracts of hydrating white lily. The color is a beautiful, pure pink - perfect for me.

I took swatch photos this past weekend - after I purchased L'Orchidée Rose. I swatched at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator and below with a blush brush. I think the color is marvelous. It has life without "in your face" shimmer.

You can see in the photo directly above that the gleaming finish is beautiful and natural. I can use it as a blush; others may find it a perfect highlighter. No matter what your skin tone, you can find a way to beautify your face with this gorgeous color.

Sisley’s City Muse makeup collection is now arriving at 95 luxury retailers nationwide, including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, and select locations of Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. There are other pieces in the collection that I was not able to purchase. You really need to see the whole display. It's gorgeous.

Photo at top courtesy of Sisley; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

24 comments:

Nancy H. said...

Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday CG!!����������
This blush will look gorgeous on you!!

Unknown said...

Wouldn't we just love to have the kind of lifestyle described above???

Anyway, wish you a very Happy Birthday :)
The blush is beautiful, both in the pan and in the swatch.

Gauri said...

It looks really good.

Unknown said...

I will surely purchase this one. I love Sisley products even though they are a bit too pricey for my make-up budget. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Rosemary said...

CG, didn't know it was your birthday. Hope it was a good one and here's wishing you many happy returns of the day.

Re the blush: gorgeous but way out of my budget. Maybe someday...

Rosemary

Eileen said...

I got such a laugh out of the storyline for the blush. I have this vision of a starkly androgynous creature "pounding" her way through the city streets; beating people down with her briefcase! LOL Image aside, it is a beautiful and delicate rose that looks gorgeous on your skin. You couldn't have asked for a better shade if you had had it custom blended. It's perfect on you. A beautiful blusher for a beautiful birthday girl :-)

I simply must make time to go and have a look at Sisley's City Muse collection. L'Orchidée Rose has thoroughly captivated me as I'm loving the look of a minimal cheek with a more intense eye.

Walls said...

This blush looks gorgeous. Must try some Sisley makeup one of these days...

Wishing you every happiness and good health, CG. Enjoy your day!

Flyavsted said...

Happy Birthday! :)
Love the blush.

virginiaisforluvrs said...

Happy birthday!

I just saw this on NM this morning, and wondered about it but that is quite a price tag! I'm not sure that I can justify it but it is lovely.

Jo said...

Hi CG,

Happy birthday!

The blush and eye shadows in this collection are gorgeous. I'll have to check it out next time I go shopping.

Charlestongirl said...

It was yesterday. I appreciate all the BD wishes. :)

Inez Hansen said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you are having a wonderful day! I tried to buy the Sisley eyeshadow you reviewed at Nordstroms... But they are of course back ordered... So those interested should get the orders in. Igh

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear Charlston Girl!!! Thank you for all the Joy and excitement you brining into our lives!!! Wish you a great year full of Joy, Health and Happiness and BEAUTY!!! Gourgeous blush. I already called my Neiman Marcus. They put one on hold for me! Will pick it up this saturday! Excited:)))

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday CG, and many more.

grlnxdor said...

Happy Birthday Charlestongirl! Hope it was wonderful. This blush is truly stunning.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it is wonderful!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Beautiful blush! And please let me join in on the B-day wishes!

Briamagee said...

Thanks for the swatches on this post. I'm so in-love with that highlighter blush!

Julia said...

This blush is beautiful but well out of my price range. I have decided to buy the IT Cosmetics "Radiant in Rose" blush that you reviewed a long time ago. I've been a little nervous about ordering any IT products because I've never been able to play with their stuff in person, but I've decided to go ahead and take the plunge and order it based on your great reviews.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of purchsing this blush, but would like your honest opinion since it would be a BIG ivestment for me. Is it really worth it? I have another Sisley blush I bought last year - one of the zebra stripes and really don't think ti is any better han any other high end blush. Actully I prefer Chantecaille. $108 + tax is an investment. I do think it looks lovely on your arm, but how is it on your cheeks?

Your honest opinion would be very helpful.

BTW I am buying some of the Sisley new eye metallic colors released this fall. I find Sisley eyeshadows worth every dollars\.

Thanks

ewewhojane said...

I am seriously lusting over this, however, the price does give me pause. Perhaps the Laura Mercier spellbound illuminator would serve the same purpose, although with my fair skin the Sisley could probably work as a blush as well. Buying this would mean eliminating something else, and I am in a quandary!

Virginie said...

I just bought the other one, the more bronze one, I LOVE IT!!!! This one is too frosty for my taste...but pretty.