Monday, October 14, 2013

Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadow in Météore for Holiday 2013 (?)

The newest addition to Dior's many eye shadows is Diorshow Fusion Mono ($30). The line was launched sometime this summer, if my memory serves me today. Diorshow Fusion is a cream eye shadow, but it shares its nouveau gel texture with the new-ish pot shadows we've already seen from Giorgio Armani and Chanel. At least my Météore filled the jar.

Météore is featured on the Golden Winter Holiday 2013 display (at least at Neiman Marcus it was), although the color has been available since the Fusion Mono line was introduced. Has it been long enough for me to call it a re-promote? I was told that two shades were being featured for holiday, but only one had arrived. OK, I'll take that at face value, but I'm getting fairly skeptical. Locally, Dior representatives have, in my experience, been frankly dishonest in substituting items on their displays. Maybe one of you can tell me whether it's really considered part of the Golden Winter Collection.

Anyhow, it's very pretty - and the perfect bronze for my pale face. I'll warn you: it is extremely sparkly and metallic. I must wear it under the crease (only). I swatched it in mid-day sunshine, using its own applicator, shown below, to apply it to my arm. The bullet-shaped sponge is very firm, which allows it to "grab" the product lightly and without much waste.

The color of Météore is a delightful bronze. It goes on extremely lightly and must be layered to achieve a reasonable saturation of bronze. That could be good or bad. If you want buildable color, it's perfect. If a lack of saturation is one of your pet eye shadow peeves, you might find it (and its sisters) too much sparkle for the trouble.

I built the color fairly heavily for my swatch photos, and I can do that easily on my eyelids. With each stroke of the applicator, the color intensity increases, but the sparkle never loses its drama.

Here is my problem with Dior's Fusion Mono. It migrates on my lids. Almost as soon as I applied it, it moved from its proper location on my outer lid to the crease outside the lids - and downward. I hate that. I want my eye shadow to stay where I apply it. For that reason, this will be the last of this beautiful line of shadows I purchase.

Mine came from Neiman Marcus, where there was a slot for it on the display. I see it available online with the rest of the Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadows that made their entrance this summer.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Jo said...

Please bring on the CdP!

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous bronze! It reminds me of the Maybelline color tattoos :)

onebeautyblog.blogspot.com

Alexa

xo

Sara said...

This is a beautiful color and it looks like it would pair nicely with the Golden Flower palette you just bought! I own several Dior quints and I don't know why, I just don't end up loving them as much as I originally think I will. I am excited to see the new chanel palette when it comes out! -Sara

Yin said...

That sucks!! The sliver one and blue-ish one I got worked well on me and I have hooded Asian eyes. Did you apply it with your fingers? I find these and the Chanel D'Ombres migrate a lot when applied with a brush but it stays if you use the finger to apply the product. :)

Moonchime said...

I'm sorry to hear that this formula eyeshadow migrates after application. I will definitely pass, since I hate when that happens as well. Have a great evening, CG.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Pretty, but too sparkly for me. Is DIOR's makeup demographic really that young?!?

Jenny said...

As far as I know--from the color stories I've seen for Golden Winter--the Mono Fusion Eyeshadows aren't supposed to be a part of the collection. They were supposed to be part of Mystic Metallics. There is supposed to be two highlighters, two blushes, 4 nail polishes, a nail polish duo (like a Ciate Caviar type of thing), 6 lipsticks, 2 lipglosses, a three colors glow, an eyeliner and the two quints. But I think that's the full collection--I don't know if we will get everything here. And the website I read it on doesn't translate all that well in someplaces.

Meredith said...

Beautiful color but I'll be sticking with Chanel's Illusion. Two more days before they either raise the debt ceiling, or we all go plunging down the you-know-what again. It's nerve-wracking.

Unknown said...

It looks very pretty but will stick with Chanel and Dolce & Gabbana. These shadows do not slip and wear nicely for hours.
The swatch is gorgeous that you shared here just wish it didn't slip on the lid! ;-)

Lisa C said...

It is a gorgeous shade, but I'm just at a point where I don't want anything that you really have to work with a product to get it to look right. I AM excited about the new Diorific lipsticks! Will you be swatching any of those?