Monday, February 24, 2014

Sisley Phyto Lip Twist Tinted Balm

Sisley's new Phyto Lip Twist Tinted Balms ($50) are colored like a lipstick and shiny like a gloss. They are applied with a single "twist" (if necessary) and leave the lips supple, moisturized, visibly smoothed, and plumped thanks to their cocktail of plant-based active ingredients. I purchased two at Neiman Marcus.
  • Their ultra-sensory smooth glide-on texture reinvents lipstick (perhaps an exaggeration).
  • Their luminous, easy-to-wear shades match any occasion, offering colors from virtual nude to intense.
  • They are fun and practical - the new XXL pencil does not need a sharpener.
With Sisley's favorite new zebra print cases, these new lip colors are snazzy and modern. I was instantly drawn to them. I forced myself to select only two. They are pricey, so I figured $100 (for two) was all I could justify. I'd sure love to be on Sisley's blogger list!

The pink on the left in my photo above is shade #2, and the coral is #3. It took me all of two seconds to select them - and then hold myself back from falling in love with more shades. I was not going to do an Hourglass repeat!

Sisley says to apply them just like a lipstick, and that works nicely. The tip is the perfect size for outlining and coloring the lips in a single stroke. Apply a single coat for a sheen of glossy color, or layer for a stronger, stunning flash of color. The choice is yours. They apply like a dream and feel fabulous on the lips. Sisley always packs its color with good-for-you ingredients.

I took swatch photos in full, mid-day sun. I think you will like the colors you see. Unlike some tinted balms, they have color you can see. Number 2 is shown at the top of my arm, with #3 below. Aren't they exquisite shades? Incidentally, I don't know why my photo below shows goosebumps on my arm. It was pretty nice outside when I took these photos.

There are six colors, all of which have names on the Neiman Marcus Web site. My Phyto Lip Twists only have numbers on them. The names are Nude, Baby, Peach, Pink, Berry, and Cherry. There isn't one I wouldn't want to wear.

You can find Sisley's new lip colors at all Sisley counters and online. Need help? Call Vicki Hamilton at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258.

Despite the high-end price, I'd highly recommend you give these a look-see. I'll bet you come home with one (or more).

Photo at top courtesy of Sisley Paris; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Veronica said...

Wow! So pretty!!! Thank you for showing us the swatches!! Another lemming created....:)

Hope you are well!

Deb said...

Sisley is a brand I have yet to try; mainly due to their price point I think. I puzzle myself because I think nothing of placing an order in the hundreds of dollars when I want something. But somehow I can't get my head around $50 for a lip pencil. The colors are very beautiful in your swatches CG, but I have a large range of lip pencils that are just as pretty. At a lot lower price point. I am a big fan of high end makeup; I find it is usually better in terms of texture and so forth. But I also wear Cover Girl mascara and have no problem shopping at the drugstore. I don't know, for some reason Sisley strikes me as "makeup snobbery" at it's most ostentatious.

Jo said...

I saw these online and was hoping you would do a review. The colors actually look a lot prettier than I thought they would. I am going to give these a look-see next weekend. I may just end up with the two you bought. Thanks

Camelia Andrasescu said...

Just lovely!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous colors! Thank you for the post. I don't follow Sisley very closely because their price point is sooooo over the top. But that doesn't mean I want to miss out on something truly awesome! :)

Meredith said...

Both of these look really pretty. I have one on order and waiting for it's arrival. I may have to check out the shades you bought too. Oh dear!

Unknown said...

$50 for a lip crayon is a bit much honestly. Yes, the colours are beautiful and the zebra packaging is very attractive too but surely they could have priced it a bit better. But then all Sisley products are super expensive.

Bonnie C. said...

Wow, these look beautiful, especially with the bold zebra component. :-) It's definitely out of range for my beauty budget, but thanks so much for sharing them with us! :-)

Anonymous said...

C-Girl, what is difference between these and Clinique Chubby Stick? Asking because they look similar. Smell, taste, pigment? Thanks!!

Sara said...

I was hoping you would show these! I saw them on Nordstrom's website a few weeks ago and have been adding them and removing them from my cart back and forth! I am glad to see they are more pigmented than I had thought. That coral shade is just gorgeous. -Sara