Tuesday, May 27, 2014

M·A·C Alluring Aquatic Extra Dimension Eye Shadow (Mini) - Lorelei, Sea Worship, and Silver Sun

Did I go to a lot of trouble to get these new M·A·C Alluring Aquatic Extra Dimension Eye Shadows ($19.50 each)! As I recounted in a Friday Forum, I saw some pretty new eye shadows on the M·A·C Web site. All were sold out - the usual for M·A·C. I called the M·A·C Boutique and was told the collection would arrive on May 22 and to call when they opened that day. I did and was able to order the items that interested me. I gave them my charge card and asked if I could pick them up after work. The answer was no! They would have to send them to me for a shipping charge of $7. I have never - ever - heard of something so bizarre. Why is it that M·A·C seems to exist in another world?
Sirens of the deep inspire an aquascape of shades, as waves of tarnished olive, seafoam, and darkened plum surrender to water’s enticing spirit. Sultry eyes take on a subtle radiance, while luminous Extra Dimension Blush washes over cheeks, creating a goddess glow. Under the sea, nails glisten in aquatic chrome and metallic Nail Lacquer, as Lipstick, Lipglass, and Lip Pencil dive deep into color. Limited-edition teal packaging, dramatically accented with sheer water droplets - which looks really cool - distinguishes this collection.

I wanted Lorelei, Sea Worship, and Silver Sun, shown from left to right directly above. I am very pleased that I purchased all three, even though I set out to purchase Silver Sun only.

I'm sure M·A·C "addicts" have already seen them on blogs or in person. I am writing for people like me - those who don't haunt every M·A·C collection, but who will go to some trouble to acquire a piece that looks pretty. Silver Sun was that piece for me.

I swatched all three colors with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in full sun. Lorelei is shown at the top of my arm, with Sea Worship in the middle, and the gorgeous green Silver Sun at the bottom.

Lorelei, described as golden beige, is a pretty peach. Sea Worship, called a tarnished olive, is indeed a tarnished olive - or maybe an antique gold. Silver Sun is a silvery, subdued green, absolutely stunning to my eye.

All three colors offer a gleaming, subtle shimmer. They are flattering on the eyelids and last a full day (remember, I use primer). I am thrilled that I purchase them - or that I was "allowed to purchase them." This M·A·C chase is downright annoying. Do they realize how much more money they could make if they loosened the strings a bit?

These colors are sold out at the M·A·C Web site. Your best best to find them will be at a M·A·C Boutique, like I did, or a M·A·C counter, such as the one at Nordstrom.  Good luck! They are worth the hunt.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Jo said...

All pretty but Silver Sun is the star. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I purchased Lorelei and Sea Worship, as well as Fathoms Deep (to use as a liner). They are all so pretty! I wish I could get backups, but I already had to chase these down. And the packaging is lovely.
-Colleen

Running with Scissors said...

Beautiful shades… glad you made the effort! Christy

Grlnxdor said...

Your swatches are beautiful as usual, Charlestongirl and I too, feel lucky to have snagged Silver Sun! Mine won't ship until 6/6 so I'll just stare at your pics in the meantime. MAC is truly a frustrating cosmetics company with the way they do business. Not everything they put out is top notch so there is some consolation to be had for sure.

Sherry P said...

I am kicking myself in the butt for not jumping on these hate to pay ebay and amazon prices BUT..... LOL. These are gorgeous!

Julie L said...

Wow!!! They are all so pretty. I like the colors and the shimmery effect. I wanna try the sea worship.

Sara said...

I also had quite a time tracking these down, as well as the two blushes. I woke up too late to order from MAC online and Nordstrom.com. I finally found them on belk.com who shipped them promptly and with free shipping! I usually don't try to hunt down MAC collections but these were just too pretty. I am up in your neck of the woods for a week for my mother's knee replacement. She is in virginia hospital center recovering slowly but surely. I had the chance to go to Tyson's corner before the surgery but didn't get to look at any makeup because I took my teenage niece who ended up making the most purchases of anyone!

Charlestongirl said...

All, I am almost embarrassed to have put so much effort into getting these, but they sure are pretty.

I also purchased the blush and bronzer, and I will put them up VERY soon. I am knee-deep in converting my feed to Mail Chimp.

Sherry P said...

I was also able to find a couple left and love them! This lin e spoke to me as MAC normally doesn't grab me like these did! Great post :)