Tuesday, March 15, 2016

TATCHA Luminous Dewy Skin Mist

How can TATCHA continue to turn out such amazing products - customized to satisfy every need? No matter what your skin type, age, or preferences, there is a TATCHA product (or suite of products) for you.

Several years ago, I introduced TATCHA here and learned that many of you were already devotees of this brand and its fabulous products. For over 300 years, Japan’s geishas have been held in awe for their  breathtakingly beautiful, porcelain skin. Perfected through centuries of  timeless rituals, the beauty secrets of the geishas had been passed down from one generation to the next by word of mouth - that is, until TATCHA rediscovered their coveted daily regimens in a  200-year-old  manuscript, written in the twilight of Japan’s Edo Period.

Traveling back to the City of 2000 Temples (Kyoto), TATCHA worked  with  teams of scientists, scholars, and geisha themselves to decipher the rituals and ingredients from this text. What they uncovered is the very foundation of Eastern skin care and beauty.

TATCHA’s formulas pay homage to the icon of Eastern beauty and their own storied heritage. Now the secrets of the geisha live on through a proprietary process involving the most precious green teas, Okinawa red algae, rice bran, and other time-tested ingredients.

TATCHA Luminous Dewy Skin Mist ($48) - not new, but that doesn't matter - was made for me. You won't convince me otherwise. TATCHA had my clone in their labs as they envisioned and created this revolutionary skin mist. She was a woman with dry, possibly aging, skin. She wanted more than anything to look dewy and fresh again - not just in the morning right before she leaves for work, but at any time of day when she needs a boost. She told the researchers that she cares about botanical ingredients that unlock nature's secrets. She also prioritized the appearance of the container, explaining that lavender blue is calming - one key to feeling and looking younger.

TATCHA took her vision and turned it into Luminous Dewy Skin Mist, a mist among many on the market, but one that's unique.

What is it?  Luminous Dewy Skin Mist is a silky liquid moisturizer that's formulated with green tea, squalane, red algae, Japanese rice bran, and TATCHA's HADASEI-3  bioactive complex. It should be misted onto the face for a boost of soothing  hydration and dewy, luminous, replenished-looking skin - anytime, anywhere.

The milky emulsion contains moisturizers and humectants that leave my skin rehydrated and dewy. Because it does not contain the high levels of alcohol and fragrance found in conventional hydrating sprays, it has no drying effect that would be counterproductive to its hydrating purpose.

Named one of the 10 best hydrating facial mists by Vogue.com, it's already made its mark on the beauty profession. Daniel Martin, celebrity makeup artist, keeps Luminous Dewy Skin Mist in his bag. Simply put, he said it feels good. He has already gone through many bottles of TATCHA’s spritz since discovering it. “I love layering it on before foundation to prep the skin. In some cases, it’s hydrating enough that I don’t even need a separate moisturizer,” adds Martin, who also uses the mist after makeup application to set makeup in place. Like me, he loves TATCHA's packaging. It's pretty and luxurious, and we all know pretty makes pretty.

Another leading magazine, Harper's Bazaar.com, featured Luminous Dewy Skin Mist (along with its sister mask) by reporting that it seals in intense hydration. Finish your hydrating treatment with Luminous Dewy Skin Mist, "a mist of botanical water  with humectants to rehydrate your complexion minus any drying alcohols, so you look luminous all day."

This wonderful skin mist will not affect your makeup - other than refreshing it. I'm using it now as I go from the cold, winter air into office air, which is very drying. Early spring is my driest time of year. I close my eyes and spritz lightly (just a few pumps) to renew my skin and my makeup. Luminous Dewy Skin Mist will make your skin dewy and fresh, but never oily - just instantly revived and refreshed. Your co-workers may wonder what miracles are happening in the ladies room. Use it in summer or winter; there's no constraint on the season for this miracle mist.

You really need to check out TATCHA's Web site or Sephora, especially if you can't get to a Barneys, the best-known retailer for TATCHA. Anything TATCHA is a "find," and I recommend this mist over all of my others (and I have quite a few).

Those geishas were onto something. Don't you think we should encourage TATCHA to develop a cosmetics line beyond its last two superb annual lipsticks?

Photos courtesy of TATCHA

6 comments:

Eileen said...

I am never, ever without Dewey Mist! Never! I even went so far as to lug the full size around with me until Tatcha came out with a travel size. That's dedication! Nowadays the full size is always in the vanity and the travel size is always in my purse. Unfortunately, as we age, out skin thins and it becomes increasingly difficult to retain moisture throughout the day. We might begin the morning with well moisturized, luminous skin, but by noon, our skin starts to feel tight and look a bit withered :-( That's where a few spritz of this incomparable mist comes to the rescue. It is nothing like those refreshing watery mists that are so ubiquitous come summer. This is an über light-weight moisturizer in spray form, Because the mist is very fine, it restores moisture without disturbing makeup and it makes the skin feel comforted and look luminous. Well moisturized skin is healthy skin; healthy skin is youthful skin :-) I always buy a few of these when Tatcha has their Friends and Family sale in the fall. As I said, I'd never, ever be without Dewey Mist. This formidable mist has also become a fave amongst makeup artists because it sets the makeup, takes down any excessive powderiness, and adds a soft luminosity.

Evelyn said...

Tatcha is really wonderful, I enjoy everything I buy, of the skin care I have these are definitely the ones I replace. More lipstick would be lovely or perhaps cheek colors, I think they might be especially good at making a pretty cherry blossom colored blush. :) We can dream.

Sandra said...

I am a Tatcha fan as well. The Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist is wonderful, and I, too, love that they have a purse size! Hopefully, Tatcha has some wonderful surprises for us in their pipeline!

Charlestongirl said...

My apologies. I lost 1-2 comments here. Can you please repost?

Charlestongirl said...

Charli, I recovered your comment in Gmail.

What other Tatcha products do you recommend? If you have not done a current skincare blog post can I ask that you do one. I am trying to figure out my skincare routine. I am finding my skin getting dryer and dryer as the years go on. I currently use Charlotte Tilbury's magic cream, which works very well for me but I am looking for something that works for me and gives more skin benefits. I just think it is more money than it should be and for the money I could probably be getting something better. I also use Chanel's Sublimage eye cream, which I do find does beautiful things for my eye skin area. But again, I am wondering if I am paying too much for what I am getting and can I get better for less money or better for the same amount of money.

Charli said...

Charli, I recovered a second comment.

I have been looking for a moisturizing mist that I can use throughout the day that will not disturb my makeup. Thank you CG! See, you Are Needed!! You Must Never stop blogging! :) Thank you!!